Latest post Fri, May 15 2015 9:06 AM by MikeyB. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 19 2014 12:46 PM

• SilvaEdit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 3 2010
    • Posts 111
    • Points 1,335

Drawing Curves in Animatte & Deleting Keyframes MC 7.0.4

Hi all

Is it me or can you not draw curves when using the Poly Tool in the Animatte effects editor anymore? You seem to be able to curve the first point somewhat but thereafter they remain straight. After finishing your matte you can click on the reshape tool and adjust curves to each point but I would like to be able to do it on the fly as before.

I'm sure you used to be able to hold ctrl or cmd (mac) when you were adding points to create a bezier curve?

I also can't seem to delete keyframes easily on my effects? I have to keep tapping the delete key and it takes a different amount of taps each time to finally remove the keyframe. It seems to be more difficult wehn it is just a single keyframe on a 3D warp.

Any info would be much appreciated.

S

• Fri, Sep 19 2014 1:52 PM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 573
    • Points 7,140
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Re: Drawing Curves in Animatte & Deleting Keyframes MC 7.0.4

Yes, this seems to have got broken in recent versions. It's still a problem in v8.1 too. 

As a workaround, you can go back to your control points and convert them to beziers afterwards by Option/clicking them, but it's a pain to have to do so.

I've not noticed keyframe deletion being a particular problem. Are you trying to delete them from the Effect Editor or from the Effect Preview Window (the Monitor)?

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 14 2015 5:31 PM In reply to

• JDerringer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 26 2014
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

Hey Guys, 

I'm also experiencing this on various versions of Symphony 7 and MC8. I can't find anything from Avid acknowleding this as a bug, so just checking in to see if anyone has found either:

A. A version (7 or above) where this is fixed  

OR

B. A setting/fix for this within the current version. 

Thanks in advance. 

JD

• Fri, May 15 2015 9:06 AM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 573
    • Points 7,140
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

I think I remember reporting it at the time. It's certainly fixed in the latest version, if that's any consolation.

Meanwhile, the Curve tool is often a reasonable alternative, as it creates a lot fewer 'spurious' control points than it used to.

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller