Latest post Sun, Sep 7 2014 7:27 PM by AndrewAction. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Aug 31 2014 10:30 PM

• FLBStudio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 23 2014
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Error on .xml setting file on Media Composer startup

After a clean install of Win 7 (64-bit), a fresh install of MC 7.0.2 and a fresh install of Isis Client 4.2.0, I am getting the error message "Error on .xml setting file. '<path name to xml file on Isis>' Reverting to the .avs file". I get it every time I select a project to open off my Isis server.

After quite a bit of troubleshooting, I've determined that the issue is not with Media Composer--since I can make local projects, open bins, import files, etc. with no issues.

So I'm thinking there is problem between the Isis - the Client Manager and my computer, but I don't know what. 

I can ping the Isis and the Isis can ping me. The Client Manager doesn't indicate any problems. My network also works fine with other machines on the network.

The funny thing is, in the Isis System Director, I can see my machine appear and disappear from the Connection Status page. It will be listed on the page for about ten seconds and then it just disappears for three seconds. It's really weird and can only be seen from the System Director.

I thought that it might be because I was using DHCP, but the same thing is happening with a manual I/P.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be?

• Sun, Sep 7 2014 6:57 PM In reply to

• FLBStudio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 23 2014
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Re: Error on .xml setting file on Media Composer startup

== SOLVED ==

For anyone who is interested, I solved this problem. As it turns out Avid does not work well with the Windows firewall. I disabled the Windows firewall (my system is standalone) and Avid now has 0 problems accessing the XML settings files in my projects, opening projects or anything else.

• Sun, Sep 7 2014 7:27 PM In reply to

Re: Error on .xml setting file on Media Composer startup

FLBStudio:
    == SOLVED ==
    Thanks for sharing you solution!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller