Latest post Mon, Jul 28 2014 2:48 PM by MikeyB. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 26 2014 6:56 PM

• PAMELA11
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 13 2011
    • Posts 11
    • Points 160

subtitles in Spanish done with title tool

Hi guys. I am not a MARQUEE expert, so I would like to know if there are any tips to do subtitles (two lines in Spanish over English video) with the title tool. It is SO timeconsuming to do a copy paste from word and then have to be moving each two lines. OR any software that you guys can recommend? I have to subtitle about an hour video and it will take me a month if I have to copy paste / crop each two lines / place and position on screen. 

Thank you!

Pamela

• Sun, Jul 27 2014 7:25 AM In reply to

• Sef
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Maarssen, The Netherlands
    • Posts 1,008
    • Points 13,665

Re: subtitles in Spanish done with title tool

I guess you want to add subtitles to the TL in MC? If you want to add them in AvidDVD, you can first have a look to the tutorials Douglas has produced. They are in the second range of tutorials.

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/71781.aspx number 115

In MC, I would prefer to use AvidFX. Create a subtitle, long enough to hold the text readable. Once you have made your first subtitle, save this to the Bin and re-use it where (drag it to an upper video track) and when needed. You only have to re-type the subtitle.

MC6.0.5, QT version 7.7.3, AvidFX 6.2(64bit), Squeeze Pro 8.5.0.41, AvidDVD 6.4.4 (still in my system, but I don't use it anymore), Boris Continuum... [view my complete system specs]

• Mon, Jul 28 2014 2:48 PM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 573
    • Points 7,140
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Re: subtitles in Spanish done with title tool

Take a look at the Autotitler in Marquee. It basically takes a text document containing your subtitles (each separated with a blank line) and applies it to a title template which you set up. It creates a separate title for each. Once created, use 'save all to bin' to save - er - to your bin.

It takes a little while to figure out how best to lay out the text document to begin with, but once you've got the measure of it it can be very quick.

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller