Latest post Wed, Jul 16 2014 1:39 PM by Christian Jhonson. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 16 2014 10:04 AM

Get the most out of Media Composer Workspaces

We've had workspaces for some time now but they've really evolved and it occured to me even in teaching the MC101 course we really don't get across just how powerfui they are.

To that end I've thrown up a short tutorial (in the Douglas style of things) to give a quick overview.

It's about 11 minutes long (sorry tried to keep it short)

http://vimeo.com/100876758

A summary of it is:

We have the 7 default workspaces that we can configure as we want.

We can now create 3 custom workspaces and name them as we want (and configure them as we want)

You can create bin Layouts that define what bins are open and where (and even a no bins option)

You can then link those bin layouts to you workspaces so as you switch workspace a bin layout is envoked.

You can link the 3 timeline functions, source/record mode, editing and color correction to any of the default or your own custome workspaces

And the final icing on nthe cake you can create duplicate bin settings and give them a custom name (Tag) and then use that naming to switch settings based on the workspace.

Let me know what you think of the tutorial as I want to get more up. (3 otehr ones on that channel as well, User settings, Background Transcode and DMF)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
  • Wed, Jul 16 2014 12:45 PM In reply to

• GT
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 415
    • Points 4,545

Re: Get the most out of Media Composer Workspaces

Pat Horridge:
    Let me know what you think of the tutorial as I want to get more up

Thanks Pat. Very useful and informative, as are the other 3 tutorials.

MC Ver 8.7, Intel Core I5, NVidia Quadro FX 570, 16Gb Ram, 250 Gb system drive, 2 Tb Render/Media drive, Windows 7 64bit Pro, QT 7.6.6 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Wed, Jul 16 2014 1:02 PM In reply to

I think comments are enabled. Leave a comment with what other short turorials would be helpful and I'll see what I can do :-)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
  • Wed, Jul 16 2014 1:39 PM In reply to

Very useful Pat, thanks.

CV

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

Christian Jhonson

Avid Ambassador                                 

christianjhonsoon@hotmail.com

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller