Latest post Tue, May 13 2014 10:05 PM by Pat Horridge. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 12 2014 7:41 PM

• anikvogul
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 7 2012
    • Posts 6
    • Points 100

Exporting Sequence for Rogers TV, interlaced problem and big files

Hi!

Anyone knows how to export for Rogers TV(broadcast), I have been assined to submit the MOV file, and I did export it as SEND MOVIE TO QT, or SAS, but I still get interlaced problem, the file is huge and loosing quility. I don't have any squeeze programs only QT, Avid MS 6.

My project is 16:9, 29.99i fps, since I filmed on Sony PD 170, tape.

Thank you!

Filed under: , ,
  • Tue, May 13 2014 8:31 PM In reply to

• mBlaze
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston
    • Posts 427
    • Points 4,950

Re: Exporting Sequence for Rogers TV, interlaced problem and big files

What type of interlace problems are you running into, reversed fields?
    Avid Media Composer 7.0.3 on MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Intel Core i7 [view my complete system specs]

James Burke
    Video Producer / Editor / Designer
    blog.DVfanatics.com

Filed under:
  • Tue, May 13 2014 10:05 PM In reply to

Re: Exporting Sequence for Rogers TV, interlaced problem and big files

If your source is interlaced and your project an i project then your export will be interlaced. and if you play that QT movie you would expect to see interlacing artefacts. Because you are watching it on a progressive computer display.

Field reversal will cause the palyback to stutter really back. Like bad progressive.

The file size will be determined by the resolution you have in the sequence if you do a same as source export. So make sure the sequence is transcoded to the quality you need first.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller