Latest post Thu, Mar 5 2015 9:38 PM by MAC HOLLAND. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 30 2014 3:47 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Wont Play Sequence In The Timeline

c.prk:

Problem fixed by reinstalling Avid.

Is this likely to happen again?

Is it just a software issue or has faulty hardware caused this?

Glad to hear you got it fixed.  It's hard to say what the problem might be.  One thing to think about is there were several free patches released after 6.0.1, so if the problem comes back you should consider downloading 6.0.5 and running that instead.  It's the most up to date version of 6.0 available.

Media Composer 2022.4 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Jan 30 2014 8:04 PM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2006
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,793
    • Points 44,875
    • Moderator: MCA PC

Many times when there's an installation problem with MC (and some other programs have this option), you can go into Programs and Features in Windows' control panel and act like you're going to uninstall but actually select "Repair" instead of "Uninstall" when that option is given.  That can be less time-consuming than a complete re-install.

Scott

• Sun, Mar 1 2015 9:48 PM In reply to

• MAC HOLLAND
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 9 2006
    • Holland Landing Ontario
    • Posts 740
    • Points 9,390

smyers63:

Many times when there's an installation problem with MC (and some other programs have this option), you can go into Programs and Features in Windows' control panel and act like you're going to uninstall but actually select "Repair" instead of "Uninstall" when that option is given.  That can be less time-consuming than a complete re-install.

I had a similar problem in 4.08.  The timeline would not play, but video would play in the source window.  After a number of attempts to resolve this over a few weeks (rebooting was a temporary fix until today)s I treid the repair option mentioned above...and the problem seems to be gone. 

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 4.08 Asus P6T6 WS Revolution Intel X58 LGA1366 Motherboard Intel Core i7 920 Processor BX80601920 - 2.66GHz, LGA 1366, 4.8GT/s QPI... [view my complete system specs]

MAC HOLLAND
    YORK REGION - ONTARIO

• Sun, Mar 1 2015 10:19 PM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2006
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,793
    • Points 44,875
    • Moderator: MCA PC

I'm glad to hear that.

Scott

• Thu, Mar 5 2015 9:38 PM In reply to

• MAC HOLLAND
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 9 2006
    • Holland Landing Ontario
    • Posts 740
    • Points 9,390

I am having the same issue again, with 4.08.  Has worked well since 2010 now it does not like the audio card. 

1. To repair the timeline no-play problem I had a few days ago, used the REPAIR/INSTALL option on AVID...the repair solved the problem and I rebooted and finished what I was working on. No problems.
    2. Today, I booted to edit, and the speakers kept making a sound like it was kicking in and out so I rebooted
    3. Then it would not boot. Tried a couple of times and finally it booted 
    4. Booted AVID and it took forever, and then got NO AUDIO DEVICE messages.  
    5. Bypassed that but the timeline won’t play unless I disable audio tracks (suggesting audio card is associated with the problem.
    6. Interesting [ a clue?]– the AVID AUDIO SUITE is now there, but never was before. 
    7. The AUDIO CONSOLE for the audio card will not boot...says no supported audio device available. 
    8. Did a reboot once more to be sure...no audio device detected 
    9. Pulled the Audio card and put it back in, and now I have audio
    10. Booted AVID and now the timeline won't play
    I think this is conrflict in drivers so I have a tech guy coming in.  Open to suggestions just the same

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 4.08 Asus P6T6 WS Revolution Intel X58 LGA1366 Motherboard Intel Core i7 920 Processor BX80601920 - 2.66GHz, LGA 1366, 4.8GT/s QPI... [view my complete system specs]

MAC HOLLAND
    YORK REGION - ONTARIO

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller