Latest post Tue, Jun 11 2013 6:41 AM by luca.mg. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 7 2013 7:46 PM

• Fazz Powell
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 3 2006
    • Naples, FL
    • Posts 476
    • Points 6,550

Media Composer 6.5 responding slowly after being stable for a year

Hello - I have two 6.5.2 MC with Nitris DX on Z400s/64bit W7 and one of them has started to respond very slowly. Both use the same Terrablock 24x (in multiwrite mode). The media is 720p and it's a combination of P2 media and footage grabbed form tape. The codec is DvcproHD. When we start editing it's fine and then it progressively gets slower within about an hour. You click on almost anything and there's a delay of a few seconds. If you hit space bar, it's takes a few seconds to play. The keyboard has also checked out a few times, but it will work in other applications. I've checked the QT/Nvidia matrix and it's correct (it was off with QT 7.7.2, but I installed 7.7.3 with no change). We've run a full hardware diagonostic and it found nothing. We've reinstalled MC, updated the ATTO drivers to the Terrablock... nothing helps. Any ideas on other things to look at???

And wow, didn't know about Larry. That is a huge loss for us all. :(

Thanks,

Dan Powell

MC 2020.06 w/Symphony option. BlackMagic DeckLink 12G, HP Z840 Dual 3.2Ghz/8 Core, 1TB SSD, 1TB Cache drive, 128GB Ram, Nvidia RTX2060 Super, BCC2020,... [view my complete system specs]

Dan Powell - Take One Digital Media

• Fri, Jun 7 2013 8:19 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 25 2009
    • New York City
    • Posts 414
    • Points 4,950

Re: Media Composer 6.5 responding slowly after being stable for a year

When the sluggishness begins, run the Microsoft Resource Monitor application (start->run. Type 'resmon', hit enter.)  

This will give you a much more granular view of where your system resources are being used than task manager. It sounds to me like you have a running application with a memory leak  or cpu/disk resource problem. 

Dave

Post Production Infrastructure Engineer

"A very big network"

• Mon, Jun 10 2013 2:58 PM In reply to

• mmullen
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 13 2008
    • Haverhill, MA
    • Posts 574
    • Points 6,645

It's just the one system?  Are they working on the same projects?  Do any of the media folders for this specific system have a very large number of files?

-Matt M.

• Tue, Jun 11 2013 6:41 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,910
    • Points 70,010

Is automatic update on on the slow system?

Symphony 21.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller