Latest post Tue, Feb 5 2013 5:26 PM by David Richardson. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 1 2013 7:51 PM

• HS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 13 2010
    • Toronto, Canada
    • Posts 124
    • Points 1,750

PLAYBACK STUTTER IN SEQUENCE AND SOURCE MONITORS 6.5

Good afternoon all, 

Since upgrading to 6.5 from 5.5, I have found a bunch of 'lags' in the new software that were non-existant in 5.5, and I am wondering if anyone else is noticing lag issues.... 

I have 24 gig of RAM

The source and record monitors stutter on playback... the out put does not, the client monitor is fine, but within the software it lags, then freezes briefly, and then catches up.. very annoying.

Lassoing stacks of clips in the timeline used to be instant, now I lasso and wait a second while the avid catches up turning each clip the pink 'selected' colour ... 

tweeking the in or out point of a clip by parking on it and using your frame advance keys was real time... not I hit the plus one frame key rapidly and wait for the avid to catch up...

so... any thoughts?

Cheers

HS

• Sat, Feb 2 2013 5:26 PM In reply to

Re: PLAYBACK STUTTER IN SEQUENCE AND SOURCE MONITORS 6.5

Welcome to version 6! If you don't need the new features follow the example of many and stay on 5.5... In my opinion it's still more relaiable for basic editing.

Multiple Mac systems, MAC Pro, MacBook Pro's, OS Mojave, AJA IO 4K, T-Tap. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Feb 2 2013 7:09 PM In reply to

• gorky
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 16 2005
    • Posts 154
    • Points 1,880

Huh?Totally agree!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), 2,4 GHz Intel Core i9,32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8Gb, OSX 10.15.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Feb 3 2013 1:08 AM In reply to

Being a bit grumpy here but after more than a year out, one would expect basic functionality to have returned. Back to the post:

You are running in hardware mode? Does the software run better without the Avid hardware turned on? I have similar computer monitor stutter with a Matrox box attached. Is your firmware up to date on the avid box?

Multiple Mac systems, MAC Pro, MacBook Pro's, OS Mojave, AJA IO 4K, T-Tap. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 4 2013 3:07 PM In reply to

• HS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 13 2010
    • Toronto, Canada
    • Posts 124
    • Points 1,750

For one... if 5.5 could run on Mountain Lion, I would go back... sadly my facility is all ML.

My system is running in hardware mode, and it runs no better with it dissabled. 

My firmware was updated when I had my system upgraded, so yes, I assume it is the latest rev. 

HS

• Tue, Feb 5 2013 5:26 PM In reply to

For your own sanity maybe you should make a Lion boot drive and run V5.5 off of that till Avid fixes the problems with V6. I'm using 6 most of the time now but for cetain things its better to switch down. A V6 killer for me is the subcap tool.... In V6 you can't type without it switching around the letters, some kind of input delay error. I work mostly on foreign languege films and I have to switch down to 5.5 to subtitle. It's a royal pain.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller