Latest post Fri, Jun 29 2012 10:52 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 29 2012 8:54 AM

• Simon_h
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 20 2011
    • Cambridge, UK
    • Posts 92
    • Points 1,205

Is there a way to use Canon XF shot marks in Avid?

Does anyone know a way to use the shot marks from a Canon XF105 in Avid to filter shots in the bins?   

I have an interview where I have marked the bad takes using Canons shot mark facility on the camera.  On bringing them into Avid using AMA I want to be able to quickly sort the marked shots from the non-marked ones.    However, I can only see the shot mark when I load the individual clip, but not in list view.   There doesn't seem to be a relevant option on the column choices.  I just want to be able to see all the marked clips and put them into another bin.

Does anyone know if there's a way to do this?  

AVID 2019.12 on HP Z820 MT XEON, 2GhZ, 32GB, Windows 10, Nvidia Quadro 2000, Crucial SSD Hard Drive with several WD Blacks for media. TMPGEnc 7 for encoding... [view my complete system specs]

New Template
    Filed under: , ,
  • Fri, Jun 29 2012 10:52 AM In reply to

Re: Is there a way to use Canon XF shot marks in Avid?

When you AMA media the AMA plugin controls the additional metadata that is passed to Media Composer.

Some formats ofer loads (like Red) and other hardly any.

If the column headings list doesn't show what you need at the very bottom of the list then there's a good chance Canon haven't bothered to pass that along in the AMA plugin (assuming it's not being remapped to a current Avid heading.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller