Latest post Wed, Mar 23 2016 8:34 AM by anita96. 35 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 28 2013 4:58 PM In reply to

• col81
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 16 2010
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

Re: Export Issue: Segmentation Fault in Adopted Thread

I'm also suffering the export error, but I've found that my mac at home has no such errors. 

This has led me to think that it has to do with Unity/Interplay macs.  Have any of you had export errors on a machine that has never been connected to Unity/Interplay?

As a result, I've come up with a routine that helps with getting around the error without being too intrusive on my time.  

When I'm ready to export, I set my in and out and select my tracks I want exported, and prep whatever else I need to set for my export.

I click on the fast menu of any bin and "Check in all open bins to Interplay."

Next I click Windows>Close all bins.  

Then CMD+9, then CMD+S to save all bins in my project.

Then I re-open the bin containing the sequence I want to export.  I open the sequence.  Everything is still set the way I'd like. 

Then I begin the export process with File>Export.

This works 80% of the time for me.  Once in awhile I still get the error, but it's been much better.

I hate having to do tricks to get the program to work, however.  It's all rather Microsoft-esque.  Makes the program feel delicate. 

Hope this helps some of you in the meantime. 

Collin

PS I've had the same success rate with both Media Composer 6 and Symphony 6.

• Thu, Feb 28 2013 5:15 PM In reply to

• icemanxts
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 29 2007
    • New York
    • Posts 58
    • Points 845

We're having the issue without a Unity/Interplay. We're connected to a Facilis Terrablock and still get it. Also, with the amount of bins we typically use to clone all bins and then open them again is probably only seconds shorter than quitting and restarting.

MacPro 2 x 2.66 GHz | 8GB RAM | Mac OS 10.9.5 | Media Composer 8.0.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 15 2013 9:46 PM In reply to

• Spectro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 24 2008
    • Posts 180
    • Points 2,525

This issue has plagued me for many months now. It has occurred in both Media Composer and Symphony. Currently running Symphony 6.5.2, OS X 10.8.2. Happens on projects that are 23.98, 29.97, or 59.94. Happens with AMA and non-AMA sequences. Export settings are -usually- H264 codec. SAS seems to consistently work, but there are many times I'd rather just kick something out via MC (especially if just trying to excerpt something and send along in an email for review).

Also, I can sometimes get it to export out a couple of times, and then (randomly) it will fail, forcing me to restart in order to get it working.

I've got Symphony 7 awaiting install, so who knows. But this is definitely an unresolved issue thus far.

• Mon, Jul 15 2013 10:12 PM In reply to

• Eric Hill
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 4 2011
    • Portland, OR
    • Posts 142
    • Points 1,615

I just posted this in another thread, but since upgrading to v6.5.3 all of my Segmentation Fault errors have disappeared on exports.  I used to get them several times daily, and haven't seen a single one in the week since I've upgraded.  I'd highly recommend checking out 6.5.3.

• Tue, Jul 30 2013 8:45 PM In reply to

MC6.5.2  OSX 10.8.4
    1080/50i
    DNx185 non-AMA
    Exporting quicktime, IMX625/50, 1024x576, 48KHz. linear PCM, no fast start.

Same issue here, my exports fail every 2nd or 3rd time, I then switch destination drive for the export and it will work 60% of the time, selecting a new destination again then seems to work. It's not pretty but it's my workaround.

downloading MC6.5.3 now.

Checking Now

Media Composer v8.9.3 (w/Symph Option) • 3.4GHz 12core frankenWinX • 64 GB RAM • Stardom USB3 External Raid [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 23 2016 8:34 AM In reply to

• anita96
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 10 2015
    • Posts 35
    • Points 495

Hi Kevin,

I still have this problem. 

On MC 8.5.1

Editing on iMac 27 (2010), Yosemite, 16GB memory

and on MiniMac, same specs

On both I use an external  seagate harddrive with the footage. 

I have no un-installed MC and am installing it again. Hoping that will fix that. 

Also another error appears after I had imported and linked all the video and audio files. 

it is:

Exception: Sequence refers to non-existant track in clip.

Please turn off monitoring and re-edit references to the following clip.

You may then re-enabling monitoring.

, clip:V1-0001_NJS_ANJSPR0J3Q_4S_02_00291, missingTrack:A4

What does this mean? This message comes up with every livk and move I do and after that I cannt play back or do any work on MC. So means all the days spent with importing, re-naming and re-sorting the footage in the right bins is now for nothing. 

Thanks, 

Anita

Page 3 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller