Latest post Thu, May 19 2011 1:50 PM by Potters Video producties. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 19 2011 8:55 AM

Resize

Dear Avid MC 5.0 users,

how do i resize a grahic PSD object on a toplayer without changing the videolayers that are underneath?

Sjef Potters

• Thu, May 19 2011 9:12 AM In reply to

• daapap
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Germany
    • Posts 523
    • Points 6,895

Re: Resize

i guess you mean a psd with alpha? if you change the scaling in the matte key's effect editor it will not affect the background. (maybe you are trying applying a second resize-or-whatever-effect?)

• Thu, May 19 2011 12:42 PM In reply to

Hi Sjef,

If you've imported the PSD and it appears as a Matte Key effect, you should be able to resize it in effect mode.

If the PSD imported as a regular master clip, drop a Picture In Picture effect on it to resize it separately from the layers underneath.

If neither of those accomplishes what you're trying to do, post a screen shot of your workspace.  It might help us to figure out what's going on.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, May 19 2011 1:50 PM In reply to

Tanks for the solution. It works perfectly.

Sjef

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller