Latest post Wed, May 8 2013 7:54 AM by santiagoj. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 6 2011 6:42 AM

• founder
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 4 2010
    • Posts 31
    • Points 425

Import Photoshop (PSD)

I'm testing photoshop imports/generation, and I'm running into problems.

The help seems pretty straight forward:

"When you capture from a layered Photoshop image into Avid DS using the Import Photoshop command, a Targa image file is created for each Photoshop layer. A sequence with one composite container clip is created in a new bin in the Avid Explorer, along with a master clip for each layer. These master clips are linked to the Targa files. Each layer in the Photoshop file is recreated in the composite container clip as a layer and corresponding clip on a composite track. Each layer is composited in the same order as the original Photoshop file.

... The Photoshop images must be 8 bit RGBA or grayscale files. Only normal blending information is supported, and text and shape information are rasterized when captured.In addition, to correctly import a .psd file, you need to have a background layer that is the same size as the entire image (this layer can be deleted afterwards)."

I created a test psd with several layers and with the same resolution as my project (1920x1080). When I use Generate > Import Photoshop...

I get the new bin and the Linked layers folder, but no sequence as documented.

I'm using Photoshop CS5 (v12).  Is there anything I should be looking for or trying? Tips? More anti-sleep pills?

Filed under: ,
  • Tue, May 10 2011 7:00 PM In reply to

• slabross
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 938
    • Points 9,690
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid DS

Re: Import Photoshop (PSD)

Can you please open an issue with Avid Support and provide your CS5 .psd file so we can test and evaluate the problem?  Thank you.

Sylvain Labrosse
    Principal Expert | Services and Customer Success

Avid
    3510 St-Laurent Boulevard
    Montréal, QC H2X 2V2
    Canada
    sylvain.labrosse@avid.com

Create cases online now at  csportal.avid.com 
    It's fast, easy and effective!

We're Avid.  Learn more at www.avid.com  

• Fri, Sep 23 2011 8:18 AM In reply to

• MCO
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 16 2010
    • Graz, Austria
    • Posts 9
    • Points 60

hey

don't know if u already found the trick,

but unchecking " maximize compatilibilty " before saving either in CS3 or CS5 works for me.

hope this help

greets

Hewlett-Packard HP Z800 Workstation Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5570 @ 2.93GHz, 2927 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 12GB RAM Microsoft Windows 7 Professional... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 8 2013 7:54 AM In reply to

• santiagoj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 18 2010
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

I can't believe that you must uncheck MAXIMIZE COMPATIBILITY when you export a psd file on photoshop. That's not the way...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller