Latest post Sun, Dec 25 2011 3:31 AM by Stu. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 11 2010 10:26 PM

Motion Tracking in Avid Media Composer with Boris Continuum Complete AVX

Most Boris Continuum Complete AVX (BCC AVX) filters include a built-in motion tracker which can be used to control the position of the PixelChooser mask or matte or to position the light source of a Light effect. For example, you can attach a light to a moving object in one easy step. In addition, BCC AVX includes powerful, specialized filters that allow you to recover motion data from a clip and then use the data to apply effects. For example, BCC Witness Protection allows you to track a person's face and apply a mosaic effect to obscure it; BCC Match Move locks the movement of one image clip to another image clip; and BCC Corner Pin allows you to map media to a specific area on a moving object in a media file.

• Thu, Dec 16 2010 9:17 AM In reply to

Re: Motion Tracking in Avid Media Composer with Boris Continuum Complete AVX

Nice explanation Rich, with good examples.

Thanks.

Ra-ey

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

Media Composer 6 Certified User

Media Composer 6 Certified Professional

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

• Sun, Dec 25 2011 3:31 AM In reply to

• Stu
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 6 2010
    • Washington DC
    • Posts 352
    • Points 4,205

Re: Motion Tracking in Avid Media Composer with Boris Continuum Complete AVX

Thanks for posting Rich.

Quick question, is there a way to put a lens flare, with the light source being off screen?  So far I've got the tracking and tracking data applying to the light source down, but I can't seem to then throw that flare off the edge of the screen out of view, since it's locked to the tracking point.

The shot has no Z rotation in it, it's a clean X-Y horz/vert movement, so it will visually 'work'.

Thanks in advance,

Stu

Lenovo E31 Thinkstation - MC 8.3.0 - Win7Pro SP1 - 1x Xeon 1275v2 - Kingston 32GB 1600MHz ECC - Quadro2000 /// w540: Win8.1 (not pro) - 4th gen i7 4710MQ... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller