Latest post Wed, Oct 20 2010 8:24 PM by Kevin Klimek. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 20 2010 7:39 PM

• ratrat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 28 2007
    • Posts 47
    • Points 595

Nitris DX not recognising OMF media

I'm having a problem with bringing some consolidated OMF files from an old Media Composer Meridien system v 12.0.5 to Media Composer Nitris DX v 4.0.5

There is an MXF folder under Avid MediaFiles & I created one called OMFI MediaFiles & dropped the media into here. I threw out the databases in the MXF folders, but I cannot get the media for the OMF files to relink to the project. Any suggestions will be gladly accepted. Not sure if I have the folder hierarchy wrong? There are no databases being written in the OMFI MediaFiles folder. 

• Wed, Oct 20 2010 7:45 PM In reply to

Re: Nitris DX not recognising OMF media

The folder, OMFI MediaFiles, must be at the root level of the volume, and not inside any other folders.  The OMF media files must be directly inside the OMFI MediaFiles folder.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Wed, Oct 20 2010 7:59 PM In reply to

• ratrat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 28 2007
    • Posts 47
    • Points 595

That is why I love this forum so much!!! Thank you, something so simple can cause all that confusion!

• Wed, Oct 20 2010 8:24 PM In reply to

Just a suggestion for future posters...

When in doubt of the folder structure of the Avid, digitize or import some MXF or OMF media and let the Avid create a folder.  Then drop your media into it.

That way, you know it is right!

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller