Latest post Mon, Jun 21 2010 7:19 PM by alan wells. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 20 2010 6:10 PM

• alan wells
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Aberdeen, Scotland
    • Posts 123
    • Points 2,025

MC5 download

Perhaps someone can help me - I am new to MediaComposer but I have several problems:

1. Download appears to be OK (but with one exception outlined in 3. below) When I 'fire up' MediaComposer 5, I get  the message "An error occurred opening the Database file for the directory c:\AvidMediaFiles\MXF\99 - Exception: Disk access denied" then "Media will be unavailable in the media directory" - and of course, it isn't! Yet when I look at my C:drive, the files are there - what is wrong with my set-up? Do I have the wrong drivers for my Quadro card? or the wrong version of Quicktime? I think that they are OK but what should I look for?

2. Re the Goodies download, where should I put them?

3. Re the sample project instructions download, this takes me to a 'Page 404 - page not found' Why?

Sorry to be a pain!

Alan

Intel 2.5ghz Core 2 Quad Q9300 ASUS P5N32-E, 8gb RAM, Nvidia Quadro FX 3400 256mb PCI-E, Seagate 500gb drive, Seagate 160gb drive, Seagate 500gb drive... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jun 20 2010 6:42 PM In reply to

Re: MC5 download

alan wells:
    Exception: Disk access denied"

This probably means that there is an access restriction. You need to be logged in as an administrator, and you need to take ownership of that directory and its contents.

alan wells:
    Do I have the wrong drivers for my Quadro card? or the wrong version of Quicktime?

QT should be 7.6.6. nVidia driver should be the one that came with your installation, somewhere there should be an nVidia folder on your system.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jun 20 2010 7:08 PM In reply to

Alan:

Here is the procedure for correcting permissions issues. And here is the version matrix for Media Composer.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Jun 20 2010 7:23 PM In reply to

• alan wells
    • Not Ranked
    • Aberdeen, Scotland
    • Posts 123
    • Points 2,025

Thank you, fellas, for that speedy response - much more reading, I think?

Alan (mutters under breath, "and I was hoping to watch the last round of the Open Golf - still, the leaders aren't off for a while yet")

Intel 2.5ghz Core 2 Quad Q9300 ASUS P5N32-E, 8gb RAM, Nvidia Quadro FX 3400 256mb PCI-E, Seagate 500gb drive, Seagate 160gb drive, Seagate 500gb drive... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 21 2010 7:19 PM In reply to

• alan wells
    • Not Ranked
    • Aberdeen, Scotland
    • Posts 123
    • Points 2,025

Just thought that I should give you an update.

I read further on the AVID Knowledge Base and had to revert to Google to find out why I was unable to view the download of the sample program; you'll see that I presently use XP Home Edition as my operating system - I did not win!

I read the thread submitted by Marianna about the sample program operating instructions, followed them to the letter and I now have the sample program working. What a gem AVID has in Marianna!

When I went back to the 'protect' site and tried to download the instructions, I still get '404 - page not found' message - that is sloppy and inexcusable! I cannot understand why this was never tested!

But all's well that ends well!

Alan

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller