Latest post Thu, Jun 17 2010 12:11 PM by Vic Simone. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 16 2010 11:38 PM

• Vic Simone
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario Canada
    • Posts 52
    • Points 670

Marker on used clips

When I used Liquid for editing and edited a clip and moved it to the timeline a checkmark would appear on the clip in the source folder to let me know I've used that clip on the timeline. This was very useful when there was many clips to choose from. It was easy to keep track of the ones I hadn't used yet.

Is there anything similar in MC5?

Thanks

Vic Simone

Asus P6T-SE mb, intel core I7 920,6gig ram,Pny Quadro fx1800, onboard audio, 2 terabyte raid, Windows 7 64bit professional [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 17 2010 7:45 AM In reply to

Re: Marker on used clips

Hi Vic,

There's not anything I know of that will happen automatically, but here's what I do when I want to keep track of used shots (not in front of a machine, so this is from memory):

1. Open all the bins with footage I want to keep track of.

2. Highlight the sequence I'm working on in the bin.

3. From the sequence bin's fast menu (hamburger menu at the lower left corner of the bin) click on Select Media Relatives.

Now all of the clips being used in the highlighted sequence will be highlighted in all of the open bins.

4. Click on the top of one of the footage bins (so you don't un-highlight the clips within).

5. From the Edit menu, click on Set Clip Color.

6. Change the clip color to whatever color will make me remember the clip is used.

Not as elegant as what you're looking for, I know, but it should get the job done.  You can repeat this occasionally throughout the edit as you use more clips.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Jun 17 2010 12:11 PM In reply to

• Vic Simone
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario Canada
    • Posts 52
    • Points 670

Re: Marker on used clips

Hi Carl

Thanks for the tip, this method should work.

Vic Simone

Asus P6T-SE mb, intel core I7 920,6gig ram,Pny Quadro fx1800, onboard audio, 2 terabyte raid, Windows 7 64bit professional [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller