Latest post Mon, Jun 14 2010 9:09 AM by morriss. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 13 2010 8:54 PM

• Lance
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 16 2006
    • Michigan
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,085

Capture from Canon HV20

In my first capture attempt from my Canon HV20 via firewire I had some troubles.  So, in the capture tool I toggled the deck "off" and captured "live."  It worked fine in that I could see and hear the video/audio in the source monitor on MC5, but the aspect ratio was wrong (it was 4:3 instead of 16:9 -- I'll work on fixing that later), and then I couldn't find the clip that was captured (I'll work on that later also).

So I tried to capture again but this time tried to have MP "recognize" my Canon HV20.  So I toggled the deck back on, and in the "Deck Selection menu" I clicked "adjust deck."  In "Device" I selected "Canon," but then in the next box it showed a list of Canons but not the HV20 (nor the HV10, which is probably similar enough).  Any thoughts on what I should do?

I then randomly picked "Elura," and when I hit the play button in the MC capture tool, the Canon started running but I got an error message which stated, "Exception: ADM_DIO_Error_Occurred, DIO err: Expected DVCPro HD 1080i/59.94 but received CV25 NTSC ...."  So I tried to change the "res" in the capture tool, but there were no other choices in the drop-down box.

So I tried all the other versions of the Canon, and then when I tried to highlight the video and two audio tracks (thanks, Douglas), I received an error message stating, "No input signal present."

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lance

Dell T3500 Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.8 GHz, 6 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX3800, 320 GB hard drive, 1TB hard drive, Windows 7, 64-bit, Firewire, MC 5.0... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jun 13 2010 11:15 PM In reply to

• lasssman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 7 2010
    • Toronto, Canada
    • Posts 103
    • Points 1,575

Re: Capture from Canon HV20

Lance, it took me a few attempts to get my HV20 connected. In the end I used the Canon XH-A1 as my selectionthe HV20, but there are a couple of other tips you should follow.

You might want to read through this thread http://community.avid.com/forums/t/81720.aspx

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 3.3 GHz, Intel D975XBX2 MoBo, 160 GB Sata II system drive, 1 Tb Raid 5 media and render drives, 8 GB DDR2-800 mem, Windows 7... [view my complete system specs]

Guy

• Mon, Jun 14 2010 1:44 AM In reply to

• Lance
    • Not Ranked
    • Michigan
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,085

Dell T3500 Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.8 GHz, 6 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX3800, 320 GB hard drive, 1TB hard drive, Windows 7, 64-bit, Firewire, MC 5.0... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 14 2010 1:55 AM In reply to

• Lance
    • Not Ranked
    • Michigan
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,085

Problem solved!

Thanks Guy!

Thanks for the link to the prior discussion.  I really need to improve my "search" skills; I tried searching but didn't see it.

In case anyone else has this problem, here's what happened and how to fix it.  In the HV20 on "play" mode, press the function button and scroll to the menu.  Select it by pushing in the "set" button.  Scroll down to "Play/Out Setup2."  Select it and go to "comp. out."  It should say "1080i."  I don't know why mine was set to 480i.

That, together with using the XHA1 as Guy suggested, fixed it!

Lance

• Mon, Jun 14 2010 9:09 AM In reply to

• morriss
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Posts 216
    • Points 2,930

Ditto problems with my HV20 see this

I do find I have to have the camera connected and on before MC starts (prob not unusual)

13" MacBook Pro, Mac Mini (yes it runs OK!) [view my complete system specs]

David M

Still using MC5

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller