Latest post Tue, Jun 8 2010 1:53 PM by TVJohn. 58 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (59 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 6 2010 6:39 PM

• zena
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jun 5 2010
    • Posts 25
    • Points 315

Pinnacle Crisis

I'm on a deadline and I'm editing with Studio Ultimate.  I posted a question on Saturday with no response yet.

I tried live chat which is scheduled to be open for 3 more hours and nothing even related to my question comes up and they are unavailable.

Could I have a live editor who actually knows what they are talking about to troubleshoot Pinnacle Ultimate please???  When I call Pinnacle support reads from the book and you can tell.  It's a waste of my time and money and it makes me angry to have to deal with those people.  I've looked it up myself for days before I call them and I don't need their attitude when I know more than them.

Now I'm editing for a living and I save the project into the same folder - the same way - every time.  I created 2 projects this morning.  Saved same way, same folder.  1 opens the other 'cannot be opened'.  It does not tell me why.  I can't lose this material.  It says 'it already exists'.  It goes ahead and opens a new project.  I don't wanna new project.  I want the project I saved.  It's clogging up my time and my disc space.  That's a stupid option - won't open the one you want so it opens a clean one.  Why?  You have layers and days to complete one project.  Also, how dare it not open.

Second.  I have edited about 12 files that are now READ ME.  I don't want any Read me.  I didn't save any read me.  What the hell is this????  All created on same computer.  Why is it taking control of my edits out of my hand.  The product is useless if it's a crap shoot as to whether I can ever get back into a project I SAVE.  I want it simply saved.

Now it's Sunday at 1:30 and what I could have accomplished today is lost and half of what I accomplished this morning is gone.  I am mad.  Can I get a live executive who actually is experienced to know Pinnacle to assist me in eliminating this problem and accessing all I've created.  I literally cannot 'afford' this problem.

I'm down 3 days now.  This is not professional.

Thank you.  Zena

Filed under:
  • Sun, Jun 6 2010 7:00 PM In reply to

Re: Pinnacle Crisis

This is a peer-to-peer forum for Avid products, Liquid & Liquid Chrome, but not the other Pinnacle products.  Pinnacle forums are here.  Being peer-to-peer, Avid employees are not obligated to respond, although they sometimes do.  For the kind of support you seem to require, you may need "paid" support.  The contact information for Pinnacle products is here.  And, executives rarely man the support lines ... although that might be an interesting concept :)

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Sun, Jun 6 2010 7:14 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Unfortunately Pinnacle products are not really supported on these forums. Avid turned that support back to Pinnacle a while back. However, Let me push this post over into the "Media COmposer for Liquid users" forum and see if some of the Pinnacle editors there can help you out. IF we don't get good responses there pretty quickly (one, I'll be suprised), I will see if I can't ring up someone over at Pinnacle who can help.

I hope this helps.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Sun, Jun 6 2010 7:17 PM In reply to

Thanks, BLKDOG.  And on a Sunday too.  Avid rocks!

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Sun, Jun 6 2010 7:18 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee

Scott, Douglas, Guys...

Would you please jump in here and see if  you are able to help Zena?

I'd appreciate it.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

• Sun, Jun 6 2010 7:21 PM In reply to

• zena
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 25
    • Points 315

Yes Randall, I already told you that the chat line is 'not available' even though it's supposed to be.

I already told you the help desk is not helpful.

I already told you I'm 3 days down and I want a live person with experience.

both of your 'here's' I already told you I've been too.

The reason I'm contacting an executive is because I have NOT been able to get an answer and "pinnacle is avid".  Is there a Pinnacle Executive NOT who can answer a technicle question but CAN answer a question like EXACTLY what I asked for?

I'm not willing to pay to know what a save and read problem is. You're supposed to be better than that!

• Sun, Jun 6 2010 7:23 PM In reply to

• zena
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 25
    • Points 315

Yes, thank you it would very much.  I'd be surprised my self if no one can help.  This seems to be a ridiculous problem...I appreciate your understanding....

• Sun, Jun 6 2010 7:26 PM In reply to

• zena
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 25
    • Points 315

Thank you Scott, Douglas, Guys...Blkdog - now this is the AVID I know....

• Sun, Jun 6 2010 7:27 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

It was a long time ago since I used Studio but thus seems to be about how to handle files and folders, we need to know a lot more about the system such as OS , external drives etc etc

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Sun, Jun 6 2010 7:31 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee

So, Zena. Give us as complete a rundown of your system specs as possible so that the guys can help. We'll get this figured out.

I know you are frustrated but please do not take out your frustrations on users, like Randall, who are only trying to help. He is absolutely correct in what he says but, since i am online on a Sunday, I am happy to try to help as much as I possibly can.

• Sun, Jun 6 2010 7:42 PM In reply to

• zena
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 25
    • Points 315

Will do!  thank you BLKDOG!  fyi nobody was taking any thing out on Randall.  I took the time to help myself before I asked but it's difficult to go through all the proper steps and take the time to write it all down and still be ignored and then have to repeatedly write what I'd already wrote and then not be able to comment on it???  I'm just escalating a problem - I think my reply was extremely adequate but for me it's simply more wasted time.  A little empathy and compassion here for a fellow editor.

Down to business:  I'm using Windows XP but I render and edit on a terabyte drive - not the C drive.  I save all to the terabyte drive now.  I was using another external hard drive until I got the terabyte drive.  The 12 files that went to read me are on the E  external drive but I save everything through Pinnacle on the H terabyte now.  Since all saves are through Pinnacle I don't see how it can tell me that it does not 'support' the files and turn them into read me.  I don't understand why I can't open a read me. 

I don't understand why one of the two pieces I edited this morning and carefully saved to the H drive will open and the other 'cannot' be opened. 

What else would you need?

• Sun, Jun 6 2010 7:48 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee

And how is your new drive formatted? Is it raided at all? When you say it's "Read Me" do you mean that the file has read only permissions?

• Sun, Jun 6 2010 7:49 PM In reply to

• zena
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 25
    • Points 315

Also, I can't get anything on Read Me files out of help.  I don't want any read me files.

I have only one Project Folder - Pinnacle All Saves where all my saves have been going.

I transferred that file over to the terabyte drive and I left the 'read me' files on the E drive.  However, I want to back up to the E drive without them converting themselves into a 'format' that's not supported.  How is Pinnacle saving an edit to a format that's not supported when it is created on this computer???  I don't see that in the help - neither did I see reasons why a file 'cannot be opened'.  The only differenct between the two files is one is under an hour and the other is over an hour.

However, this morning both projects were carefully saved into the same folder - they both have the pinnacle icon and the one that won't open was created after the one that will open.  It doesn't make any sense.  After my read me trauma I am extremely careful about my saves - not that I do anything different except for changing the folder to the new drive. 

• Sun, Jun 6 2010 7:50 PM In reply to

• zena
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 25
    • Points 315

The new drive is the H terabyte which to date has not saved any read me.

The drive with the read me saved some edits that I can access - 4 I can access 12 I can't.

Neither drive have I done any formatting on read only permissions.  It's nothing I'll ever need or want.

• Sun, Jun 6 2010 7:55 PM In reply to

• zena
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 25
    • Points 315

Also I need to know how never never never to have a file end up saved as 'read me', how to make those files a format I can open and edit on and never never have the computer just save it into a format it won't open - what the problem where my new file cannot be opened on the terabyte - a list of reasons things 'cannot be opened'.  All this is happening and all I did was file open and named them, then consistently file save several times during the edit.  That's all I've done for all 20 projects which is why none of this makes any sense to me. 

Page 1 of 4 (59 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller