Latest post Mon, May 31 2010 5:04 PM by chappyptcruiser. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 23 2010 1:45 AM

Boot Drive Failure - Cannot Uninstall MC4

It apears the 0 sector of my boot drive has become corrupted so I can no longer get to Windows XP Pro, from this drive.  I was a able to load Windows XP onto my 2nd drive and my boot drive does appear, with folders and files intact.  So the drive is fine, except for the boot (0) sector.  Programs will not launch, however.  And this leaves me with the inability to uninstall MC4.

I am planning a new computer purchase with a Windows 7 platform, but for MC4 to load, I need to uninstall it from the defective drive, correct?  So what to do?  How to proceed?  Marianna?

David Chaparro

AMD Phenom II 1090T Six-Core processor, 12GB DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5770 video card with 1 GB memory, HDMI, onboard RealTek HD audio ports, analog and... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, May 23 2010 12:02 PM In reply to

Re: Boot Drive Failure - Cannot Uninstall MC4

You can start the PC with that disk and your XP installation disk and try to create a new boot sector.

See here.

Desktop PC

Corsair RM750X|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)|i7 2600K@4.4|Corsair 32G DDR3|PNY Quadro P2000(390.77)|Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB|2x2TB WD RE4@RAID 0|2x500GB Mushkin SSD@RAID 0|LG BH16NS40|W10 Pro 64bit|Media Composer Software 2018.12 with Symphony Option on Dongle|2xHP 22'' Monitors|M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Sun, May 23 2010 11:04 PM In reply to

Thanks for the link but unfortunatly, I can't do a restore because "Recovery" is asking me for password when I never had one to begin with, so I am locked out.  I've tried just hitting"enter", and all my other passwords, there aren't many, but it won't take. 

In addition, when I trying to do a Re-Install, after copying the necessary files, the system reboots and asks me what I want to do?  It is repeating the process and so I don't know how to move forward.  I have done Windows Reinstalls before, but is it possible I'm doing something wrong?

Any help would be great.

David

AMD Phenom II 1090T Six-Core processor, 12GB DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5770 video card with 1 GB memory, HDMI, onboard RealTek HD audio ports, analog and... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 24 2010 2:01 AM In reply to

What password do you mean? There is no password needed.

You are booting from XP installation CD and then you make the repair.

You need to fix the boot sector. That is only the case.

See here also

Desktop PC

Corsair RM750X|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)|i7 2600K@4.4|Corsair 32G DDR3|PNY Quadro P2000(390.77)|Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB|2x2TB WD RE4@RAID 0|2x500GB Mushkin SSD@RAID 0|LG BH16NS40|W10 Pro 64bit|Media Composer Software 2018.12 with Symphony Option on Dongle|2xHP 22'' Monitors|M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Tue, May 25 2010 6:22 AM In reply to

I am booting from a XP installation disc, but when I get to Recovery, at some point it asks for an Aministrator password.  Honest.  I did go to your links and printed some out but so far, no luck.  I was able to create a new boot sector but I still can't re-install XP... it keeps repeating the process after rebooting itself.  Most frustrating.  I'll keep trying.

I'll keep you all posted.

David

• Mon, May 31 2010 5:04 PM In reply to

I have determined that the boot drive in question has become faulty, that the 0 sector is permanantly damaged.  I have reformmated it twice and still cannot load XP onto it.  I am moving on.

Thanks for the help,

David A. Chaparro

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller