Latest post Wed, Dec 26 2012 2:34 AM by Ra-ey Saleh. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 8 2010 2:38 AM

Offline To Finishing In 10 Minutes

In this tutorial, I will reveal how to transfer your reference Vision & Audio from the Avid Offline into the Online and Pro Tools suites in under 10 minutes.

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/saleh_ra-ey/offline-to-finishing.php

Ra-ey

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

Media Composer 6 Certified User

Media Composer 6 Certified Professional

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

Filed under:
  • Wed, Dec 26 2012 12:08 AM In reply to

• hartfilms
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 16 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 118
    • Points 1,270

Re: Offline To Finishing In 10 Minutes

Wish I'd read this before my most recent Online session. My MC 3.5.3 wouldn't do an AAF with video that was more than 2GB, so I delivered audio only AAFs and a separate QT. Pain for the Online guys.

Thanks to you, my next Online will be smoother.

Joyce

HP Z440 - Win 7 Pro / MC 8.6.5; Mac Pro (Early 2008) OS 10.6.8 / FCS 3; ASUS VH222H 21.5" x2 1080P LCD Monitors; Mojo SD (not connected for HD/HDV... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 26 2012 12:19 AM In reply to

Glad this was of use Joyce Smile

Ra-ey

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

• Wed, Dec 26 2012 12:56 AM In reply to

• Nnata
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 13 2010
    • London
    • Posts 1,026
    • Points 13,665

Book marking. Cheers for the post.

• Wed, Dec 26 2012 2:34 AM In reply to

I wrote this article a while ago, but since then we now actually deliver our final Online Video to ProTools in this way.  The Audio guys say a Mixdown of 'DV 25 420 MXF' is far better quality than if they didge in the Master themselves, and they get in instantly.

Also, I didn't realise at the time but you can create an AAF and Mixdown at the same time in your AAF Export settings.  On the Video side of the settings you'll find 'Export Method' > 'Video Mixdown' as an option.

(Though in the past when I tried to do this I had crashing issues, but this was a couple of versions ago).

Ra-ey

And just realised this is my 1,001 Post... Woohoo! :-)

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller