Latest post Sat, Mar 27 2010 8:34 PM by Randall L. Rike. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:55 PM

• gswilson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 4 2010
    • Belfast, Ireland - now, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    • Posts 311
    • Points 4,055

Installing new Graphic card after MC install

Since some of the Liquid upgrade users may wish to change their Graphic card to a Quadro in the future, and not un-install MC, here's what happened to me.

I still have the Trial version on my PC - the UPS tracking system tells me that my upgrade box should be here on Monday. My FX 1800 card arrived yesterday, and was installed today.

After removing the old Graphic drivers, restarting XP in VGA mode, and then shutting down the system I installed the new card.

When the 1800 was installed with the Quadro driver provided with the MC test version I started MC.

First thing that happened was that a window opened saying that Windows was configuring MC for use. This took a while, during which the MC link icon on my Desktop disappeared - only to come back again with a twin.

I really thought that things were going to go down hill with MC after this, but the software started - with the remaining trial days count still intact. The only thing that had changed was that MC had found the new Graphic card, and changed the settings for it.

So it would seem, at least to me, that there is no need to de-activate, un-install, re-install and re-activate MC if only the Graphic card is changed.

Might make life easier for a lot of users who plan to upgrade their card in the future.

Gerry

MC 2018.11, Win 10 Pro CE, Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti GPU(Driver 399.07),Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 27 2010 8:34 PM In reply to

Re: Installing new Graphic card after MC install

Thanks for sharing your eperience.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller