Latest post Wed, Jun 10 2009 12:53 PM by Larry Rubin. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 10 2009 5:34 AM

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,458
    • Points 221,360
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Some Lasso Techniques

Sometimes lassoing is more efficient than direct selection. Sometimes not.
    As questions about lassoing crop up at regular intervals on the Forums, I made this little introduction to some of the techniques used.

Regards,
    Douglas

This tutorial can be viewed at "Full-screen" by clicking on the icon on the toolbar

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Jun 10 2009 9:37 AM In reply to

Re: Some Lasso Techniques

Douglas,

Very nice as always. The track selection part of your tutorial reminded me of something I still I don't really grasp.

When should I activate/deactivate the timecode track selector button? I generally just ignore it, but it certainly must have some purpose. Do you, or anyone else, happen to know how to effectively use the timecode track selector button?

P.S. Oh, BTW, you can hold down Alt-Shift while lassoing a segement from right-to-left to enter slide trim mode instead of slip trim mode. ;)

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Wed, Jun 10 2009 12:53 PM In reply to

Re: Some Lasso Techniques

An apparent deficiency in the Newscutter Adrenaline version - no matter what technique is used, lassoing will only activate the segment edit mode - it will not either enter the trim mode or lasso a transition only.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller