Latest post Wed, Sep 17 2008 8:21 PM by bakalaj. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 16 2008 11:53 PM

• bakalaj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Kelowna BC Canada
    • Posts 266
    • Points 3,445

HDV 720p30 to SD DVD workflow

I have posted this on the AXP forum but nobody answered yet - perhaps that forum is slowly being abandoned. And I am planning to upgrade to MC in the near future anyway. So, perhaps, I might find some help here.
    1. What would be the best workable solution to go from HDV 720p30 to SD DVD? I have tried to transcode video via the Video Mixdown to DNxHD75 and/or 110 and then export to all kinds of QT including reference and neither worked. Either DVD SP would claim "missing media", eventhough QT Player could play it or the video was real crappy.
    2. What is the current workflow and support for the Sony EX1/EX3 in 35 Mb/s? I got some sample footage, used the Clip browser to export it to Avid MXF but AXP doesn't like it; it opens the sequence on the timeline but there is no video and it states that the footage is "not supported". Is there better support with MC? I would like to work in 35Mbs 1080p/30.
    I am on a Mac dual G5, OSX 10.4.11, running AXP 5.8, QT 7.5, DVDSP 4.1.2
    Your help is much appreciated. I have been struggling with the challenges of working in HDV720p30 for a very long time. The only working workflow for me at this point is going back to tape in HDV and recapturing as downconverted SD via component MOJO. Quite stupid and likely not the best quality.
    In general, I find that there is little to no help when it comes to the unfortunate JVC's 720p30 HDV format. Had I known that when it first came out I would have never used it. But now I have footage and projects that need to be dealt with.
    Thank you for any help.

MBP, 2GB Ram AMC 4 Mojo SONY DSR-11, JVC BR-HD50U [view my complete system specs]

www.ascentfilms.com

• Wed, Sep 17 2008 6:04 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: HDV 720p30 to SD DVD workflow

BAK',

Not in front of my Avid at the moment but, if you can switch your project's format tab to an SD format like 30i, do that and then export a QT movie for encode to DVD.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Wed, Sep 17 2008 8:21 PM In reply to

• bakalaj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Kelowna BC Canada
    • Posts 266
    • Points 3,445

Re: HDV 720p30 to SD DVD workflow

It cannot be switched to anything, as this is a progressive format and there are no other available options. No

MBP, 2GB Ram AMC 4 Mojo SONY DSR-11, JVC BR-HD50U [view my complete system specs]

www.ascentfilms.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller