Latest post Sat, Sep 13 2008 10:27 PM by Larry Rubin. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 11 2008 2:06 AM

Need some plug-in suggestions for MC11/Mac OS 9

I've been thrown back into the dark ages on my current project. My client is using Media Composer 11.2.6 running on Mac OS 9, and they have nothing but the stock effects set. I've been spoiled with some really sweet systems lately, so working on this is like being thrown back to MC6 running at half speed.

Long story short, I need to convince them to get some good video treating plug-ins, because the gap between what they have and what they want is huge. Simple B&W and 'dip to color' isn't going to cut it anymore.

The last time I worked on OS 9, I could have used the DFT 55mm plugins, which were an awesome bang for the buck. Unfortunately, they've been folded into the Tiffen FX package, which doesn't seem to be compatible with OS 9.

So what's out there that's OS 9 compatible, reasonably priced, and will give me some halfway decent effects options? I don't need Sapphire, and I don't need high-end keying tools, just some decent options to give me some good video looks.

Thanks!

Jeff

2.266 Dual-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro [view my complete system specs]

Follow me on Twitter: @jeffrey723

Filed under: ,
  • Sat, Sep 13 2008 10:27 PM In reply to

Re: Need some plug-in suggestions for MC11/Mac OS 9

An older version of the Boris F/X 3rd party plug-in, say version 4 or 5 was compatible with it.  I'll check and see if I still have those discs on Monday.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller