Latest post Mon, Oct 17 2005 7:20 AM by Steve Pomerantz. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 14 2005 6:16 PM

Relink based on video resolution

I often have to rework segments that are already "locked" and onlined.  ("Locked" is pretty much a non-existant concept with our producers)  I'll make the fixes to the locked offline, then create a new sequence to decompose for online.  I would like to be able to relink to the old online, since usually about 90 percent of the clips haven't changed, but the relink feature doesn't allow you to select clips based on resolution, so my sequence relinks to the low rez clips.  It seems like this would be a relatively easy feature to add.
    Work - MC v2018.4 on Win7 HP Z440 with TerraBlock and Avid Nexis storage Personal - MC/Symphony v2018.4 on Lenovo W530 Mobile Workstation Storage depends... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 15 2005 6:39 AM In reply to

• KurtR
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

Re: Relink based on video resolution

Hi Steve,

Relink based on video resolution already is a feature of the Adrenaline. When you enter the Relink dialogue box, underneath the option for "Match case when comparing tape names" is an option called "relink method". In this drop down list you can toggle "Specific Resolution". This then opens more options that actually provide quite good flexibility for relinking.

Hope this helps,
    Kurt
  • Mon, Oct 17 2005 7:20 AM In reply to

Re: Relink based on video resolution

Thanks Kurt,

I'm currently working on a Symphony v4.0, but hopefully we'll be upgrading to Symphony Nitris in the near future.  Maybe it will be in that release.

Work - MC v2018.4 on Win7 HP Z440 with TerraBlock and Avid Nexis storage Personal - MC/Symphony v2018.4 on Lenovo W530 Mobile Workstation Storage depends... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller