Latest post Thu, Apr 4 2019 2:21 PM by RalphC. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 3 2019 8:56 PM

Exception: SYS_ERROR, OSErr:-5000 - Simple FIX that worked for me!

Hi!

I've been working with AMC First for a short while and recently I got the dreaded.. Exception: SYS_ERROR, OSErr:-5000. The stressing notice appeared when first launching AMC First. The timeline and monitors popped-up but suddenly BAM.. there it was.. Exception: SYS_ERROR, OSErr:-5000. 

After searching several threads for a fix, which included checking every permission available to mankind, I stumbled onto a post by Randall Rike http://community.avid.com/forums/p/36514/203145.aspx#203145.

To be honest, I'm not super tech savvy and was a little scared so I just decided to do one thing at a time. He suggested to delete three files in the AVID Settings Folder: MC State, Site Settings, and Site Attributes. Another person suggested to delete just MC State. As I was planning to delete one at a time, just to see if any one folder was the culprit for the stupid message,. I first deleted just MC State and ... BAM!!! ... it worked!... Exception: SYS_ERROR, OSErr:-5000 DISAPPEARED and now my AVID MC First is working! I hope this helps someone as it was really frustrating to the point that I was considering using another editing system.

Good Luck!

Julian

macOS Mojave, Version 10.14.4, MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports), Processor 2 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3 Macintosh SSD

• Thu, Apr 4 2019 2:21 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,840
    • Points 20,340
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Exception: SYS_ERROR, OSErr:-5000 - Simple FIX that worked for me!

Hi Julian,

Thank you for sharing this, I will check and add this to our Common issue FAQ.

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller