Latest post Sat, Oct 27 2018 1:04 PM by DStone. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 26 2018 10:54 PM

Video Edit with Pro Tools

Hello,

I'm about to do a single camera video recording and my engineer will be using Pro Tools connected via USB from a Soundcraft Expression digital mixer. However, the issue is how do I send him LTC Timecode? My camera has LTC Timecode OUT via BNC connection and i want to send it to Pro Tools so that It will be easy to sync up the audio/video. Lately i've been having some audio drift issues since there is no timecode reference. I know the HD Sync Box exists but it's $2k :( Any suggestions how to send the Time code to Pro Tools? Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

• Sat, Oct 27 2018 1:04 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,545
    • Points 45,575
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Video Edit with Pro Tools

You didn't say what camera you are using. If it's really putting an audio signal on the BNC, then it might be as simple as using a BNC to XLR jack adapter and plugging it in to the sound board, Set the channel to pass-thru and mark it as a timecode channel in Pro Tools.

Looking at that mixer board, there's also a timecode BNC. If you set the board to Slave, it might be nothing more than connecting the LTC BNC out from the camera to the BNC input on the board.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller