Latest post Sun, Sep 30 2018 5:51 AM by hbrock. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 27 2018 4:59 PM

• dan83
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 6 2013
    • Posts 18
    • Points 220

Script Sync - Takes that Contain Repeated Lines

Hi All,

I've recently begun using script sync and have noticed that the application is unable to deal with instances where lines are repeated twice or more in a take.

I have seen suggestions about workarounds for this but having been amazed by the speed of script sync's automation I am loathe to commit myself to going through each take to work out which ones have repeated lines in them and either subbing them out or pulling them into Script Sync with marks.

Has anyone come up with an automated work around for this?

Thanks in advance!

Hardware Spec: Model Name: Mac Pro Model Identifier: MacPro6,1 Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz Number of Processors... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 30 2018 5:51 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,518
    • Points 64,035
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Script Sync - Takes that Contain Repeated Lines

I've used the mark clips before dropping them on the script method.  I don't think there's a automated solution because ScriptSync will mark the first instance of the phrase that falls where it's expected.  I suppose you could just manually enter the repeats but multiple lines might be easier to decypher visually.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller