Latest post Wed, Sep 19 2018 7:30 PM by Pat Horridge. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 19 2018 1:01 AM

• merekramer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 18 2018
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Batch re-import

so i am working on a show where they import hundreds of low res, water marked stills/footage.  Then when we are ready to pic lock they up Rez what we have used. For the stills that have used Pam and zoom this is a quick watch folder switch and the stills are all hi Rez. For other stills that may have used a resize or 3D warp, shouldn’t i just be able to batch import them? And link it to the new hi Rez clip with the exact same clip name?

it doesn’t work for some reason at all. Any ideas on why it would not work? Could it be that my AE imports them on another edit seat and i pull them in through interplay? I can’t beleive that interplay is the reason this doesn’t work. Help me please! I don’t want to hand sit in all the hi Rez stuff that doesn’t automatically link! 

Than s 

• Wed, Sep 19 2018 5:32 AM In reply to

Re: Batch re-import

Hi,

merekramer:
    it doesn’t work for some reason at all.

Doesn't work how? How far do you get in the batch import process before it stops working? Is there an error message?

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Sep 19 2018 12:57 PM In reply to

• merekramer
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Sorry i should have been more specific. I go  through the process of batch inoorting, but it still links to the lo Rez version of the media. This doesn’t make sense to me since i am pointing the media to re-import media that is now hi Rez. The file name stays exactly the same, the location of the still is exactly the same. We just delete the lo Rez file in the folder and replace it with the hi Rez one.... 

• Wed, Sep 19 2018 3:47 PM In reply to

Could it be that you're seeing the result of a rendered 3d effect that's not updating after the batch import? After the batch import, what color is the dot on the effect icon in the timeline (if there is one)?

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Wed, Sep 19 2018 5:02 PM In reply to

• merekramer
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

I am actually just trying to batch a file. The avid won’t allow me to batch the seq becuase i have multiple frame rates in my seq.... so i was just trying to batch import the actual still clip. And it doesn’t bring in the hi Rez. It’s sooo strange that it’s not working, and now i am consumed with trying to figure out why! 

• Wed, Sep 19 2018 5:13 PM In reply to

After you finish the batch process, the clip in the sequence should update, too. If the 3d warp has been rendered, it should be unrendered after batch import, as it's now pointing to a different file.

I get that you're not seeing the batch import results in the source monitor, but is there any change in the sequence that would indicate whether or not the system "thinks" it has batch imported a different file?

• Wed, Sep 19 2018 5:38 PM In reply to

• merekramer
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Nothing changes in the sequence. I have fully unrendered the entire seq and then tried the batch and it still doesn’t work. My media managers are at a loss as well... we have just been importing the hi Rez separately and then cutting the still in, but this should not have to happen! So frustrating. Thank you for all your suggestions. I appreciate all the help i can get.

• Wed, Sep 19 2018 6:33 PM In reply to

That's definitely weird. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Maybe call Avid support and see if they have any suggestions?

• Wed, Sep 19 2018 7:30 PM In reply to

On a test clip. delete the lowres media then batch import the hires media. If the lowres media nolonger exists then only the hires media can be imported. Don't forget to override the import options as it defaults to the original resolution on re-import.

You have to force it to a higher res.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller