Latest post Tue, Dec 4 2018 3:58 PM by ovidius. 15 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (16 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 4 2018 3:58 PM In reply to

• ovidius
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 6 2018
    • Posts 19
    • Points 175

Re: Source/Record (Y Key) default behavior.

I disagree.  I too (like other user) feel the Y-key is not working like it used to.  If I'm in segment mode and hit the "T" to mark in/out points, I usually don't see the highlight that I'm used to.  Even when I disable the segment tool sometimes the timeiine highlight still doesn't show up until I hit Y-key again or move the timeline etc.   It used to be that hitting "Y" got you out of segment mode and you could see where your in/out points were highlighting.  This functionality is gone as far as I can tell.

One way to illustrate this is if you're in segment mode and you try to slip-sync you'll move your clip instead.  But if you hit undo, now you're in slip-sync mode.  Sorry if that sounds confusing, but I used to move segments, hit Y, and then slip sync and this definitely does not work the way it used to.

I don't see any use for source/record mode if it doesn't get me out of segment mode.  Bring it back!

my 2 cents.

Page 2 of 2 (16 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller