Latest post Mon, Jun 25 2018 4:53 PM by Fish. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 24 2018 10:04 PM

• Fish
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 15 2005
    • Filet Post, Halifax NS
    • Posts 557
    • Points 6,780

Exception: sequence refers to non existent track in clip ERROR

I've seen a lot of posts on this. But not quite describe my problem.

I’ve selected a bunch of sub-clips, carefully colour-coded them, added details in three separate columns, sorted them and now I’m ready to edit. There are almost two thousand sub-clips… so I should be ready to go.

Problem is I’m getting this crazy "Exception: sequence refers to non existent track in clip” error on various clips. And note that I said CLIPS. Not a sequence, as the error states.
    Upon closer examination I see that the sub-clip erroneously thinks it’s two mono tracks where the original clip is a single stereo track. This is an error the MC introduced somehow. There doesn’t seem to be a way around this except load each clip in and click the annoying “ok” message each and every  time it loads in the source window.
    VERY ANNOYING.
    Let’s all this a bug.
    But even with this bug, the simplest work-around would be to be able to modify the sub-clips and turn off the audio tracks. But the MC never allows you to do this. I understand why: it could get wonky with subclips having audio tracks and masters not having them. But that’s kind of what I’m going through here…and it’s not supposed to do this. Classic Catch-22.
    I’m mentioned this in MC user request forums before — so once again I’ll put this forward. I think there should be an option to HIDE tracks without muting them. You could do this on Master clips and Sub-clips. This would help to keep all the tracks but not be bothered by them during the selection/editing process (Data tracks anyone?) It keeps the integrity of the master clip but makes managing multitrack cameras so much easier.
    Or, allow us to modify a subclip but only in the master clip permits additions or subtractions because it has those tracks. Many is the time I simply don’t want the audio and I should be able to do this as a batch to the subclips after selecting them. Give us a stern warning if you must.
    My two cents.

2012 Westmere MacPro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon) 6 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB As of Jan 2015 - OS X 10.9.5 (13F34) [view my complete system specs]

AVID man, AVID fan (since 1993 with version 4.5 - before multiple tracks!)...like to solve my own problems and I try not to bother anyone unless I'm really stumped.

• Mon, Jun 25 2018 4:44 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,160
    • Points 217,415
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Exception: sequence refers to non existent track in clip ERROR

Jeff

What version are you on.... MC ?  and OS?

I did create a case so one of our support folks will be in touch.  Case # 03499331    However I noted in the case that Support shoud Please check this out to determie is as designed or a bug. If as designed then please field this as a feature request. If a bug then Log it. 

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Jun 25 2018 4:53 PM In reply to

• Fish
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 15 2005
    • Filet Post, Halifax NS
    • Posts 557
    • Points 6,780

Re: Exception: sequence refers to non existent track in clip ERROR

MC  2018.5.0

Mac OSX 10.13.4

I've enagged users and programers about my modify subclip request before. Usually results in long explanations as to why it's a bad idea. But I've expereinced too many times where it would have saved me a lot of trouble. Alas.

2012 Westmere MacPro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon) 6 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB As of Jan 2015 - OS X 10.9.5 (13F34) [view my complete system specs]

AVID man, AVID fan (since 1993 with version 4.5 - before multiple tracks!)...like to solve my own problems and I try not to bother anyone unless I'm really stumped.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller