Latest post Thu, Feb 15 2018 7:31 PM by jef. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 15 2018 4:19 PM

• mcurry
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 15 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Timeline "undoing" by itself?

I have been having a strange thing happen where suddenly my timeline pops back to a previous version, as if I have hit "undo" five or ten times. I can "redo" and get back to where I was, but I don't understand what's happening. Is there a key command for "apply five undos" that I am accidentally triggering?

Thanks!

• Thu, Feb 15 2018 5:01 PM In reply to

• mcurry
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 15 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Timeline "undoing" by itself?

Ahh. I figured it out. User error. When I am trying to lift a clip and constrain the lift to vertical (so it doesn't move left or right on the timeline) I use command-shift. But i seem to be accidentally hitting command-z instead occassionally, and when you hold that down it just keeps undoing until you take your fingers off the keys.

So, two follow up questions:

#1- is there any way of simplifying that command-shift key command to just one key so I'm less likely to make that mistake (with FCP, you can constrain to vertical by just using shift)?

And #2 - is there any way of turning off the "feature" that automatically keeps undoing if you (accidentally) hold command-z down? (I'd much rather have to hit command-z each time I want to do an undo.)

Thank you!

• Thu, Feb 15 2018 7:31 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,373
    • Points 40,745

Re: Timeline "undoing" by itself?

mcurry:

#1- is there any way of simplifying that command-shift key command to just one key so I'm less likely to make that mistake (with FCP, you can constrain to vertical by just using shift)?

Remap the command?

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.10.0 but playing w 2018.11| OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller