Latest post Tue, Feb 13 2018 3:36 PM by Kevin Klimek. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 13 2018 11:06 AM

• dugmoore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 7 2011
    • Southeast Asia
    • Posts 145
    • Points 1,520

Quicktime export drifts out of sync...sometimes

Does anyone have suggestions regarding best practices when exporting a 50 minute DNxHD36 1080p sequence that can easily be played from a USB 3.0 flashdrive on a TV?

I am asking due to several issues that have come up recently when exporting this this recelty where the exports would play fine on the TV monitor at work, but if they took the flashdrive home  the sequence would drift out of sync. Keep in mind that we have also recently seen this happen on our own TV monitors on two occasions.

We are using Macbook Pros on High Sierra with Avid 8.9.3. We have tried a few vaiations of the exports but still sometimes have this issue and have nort resolved it. It also happend on a machine that is running Sierra and Avid 2018.

Has anyone had this issue and found a solution? Would doing a video and audio mixdown of this before export alleviate this?I'm excited to find a solution to this so any tips would be appreciated.

We also have workstations with Media Encoder if that is of any use but we do not have Sorenson Squeeze.

• Tue, Feb 13 2018 3:36 PM In reply to

Re: Quicktime export drifts out of sync...sometimes

What are they trying to play the files back on at home vs. at work? That might be the issue.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller