Latest post Wed, Jan 24 2018 12:44 AM by AndrewAction. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 23 2018 10:37 PM

• ReadyOrNot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 23 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Change location of MXF folder

I'm new to Media Compos First ("MCF") and have what I think is a basic question. When I installed the app on my C: drive (OS is Windows 10), it established C: as the location for its various folders. My C: drive is a smallish SSD that I use for programs and the OS, and it doesn't have room for things like media files that get imported, i.e. into the MXF folder. Instead, I need MCF to change the location/folder where it puts these kinds of files to be on my internal D: drive. How do I do this?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

• Wed, Jan 24 2018 12:44 AM In reply to

Re: Change location of MXF folder

ReadyOrNot:
    I need MCF to change the location/folder where it puts these kinds of files to be on my internal D: drive. How do I do this?
    Move your C:\Avid MediaFiles folder to D:\    (so it becomes D:\Avid MediaFiles).

For Media Composer you would do this.  (I assume it is the same in MC | First but have not tried it.)
    When you open MC | First and a project and Avid will automatically see the files properly on the D drive.

With the Project open go to the Project bin and select the Settings display.
    Scroll down to Media Creation and open the dialog box.
    In there you can exclude the boot drive and set a file path for where your media is created,
    If you want all your media to go to D:\Avid MediaFiles you can set that path once and use the Apply to all button.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller