Latest post Sun, Jan 21 2018 2:40 AM by Telegram!. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 19 2018 6:14 AM

• 2uantumKid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 19 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

How to apply audiosuite effects to specific segments

Hello,

I'm new to both Media Composer First and video/audio editing in general. I've tried looking at the documentation for this problem, but haven't found a solution.

I'm trying to apply the TimeShift effect in the AudioSuite to a segment of an audio track, but whenever I apply it, it is done to the entire track. I've tried marking a portion of the track with the In/Out markers but to no avail, so I think I'm misunderstanding how the In/Out markers work. Is there also a way to apply the TimeShift effect so that it is gradual? In other words, lets say I wanted to slow down a track by 50% but I want it to to descend down rather than being applied all at once.

Thanks for the help and assistance.

• Fri, Jan 19 2018 4:23 PM In reply to

Re: How to apply audiosuite effects to specific segments

An Audio suite effect will apply to a whole clip. So you need to add edits to your audio track to create a seperate section. Then the Audio suite effect will aplly to just that section.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Sat, Jan 20 2018 9:08 PM In reply to

• 2uantumKid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 19 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Thanks for help, that was my suspicion. Is there a way to apply TimeShift as a progression? Like instead of slowing an entire clip down by 50%, having it slow down gradually?

• Sat, Jan 20 2018 10:15 PM In reply to

I don't think you can keyframe Audio suite plugins. You could break the clip up into lots of clips and then stagger the timeshift in each clip.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Sun, Jan 21 2018 2:40 AM In reply to

2uantumKid:

Thanks for help, that was my suspicion. Is there a way to apply TimeShift as a progression? Like instead of slowing an entire clip down by 50%, having it slow down gradually?

http://www.avid.com/plugins/vari-fi-audiosuite

(no idea if this is part of your FIRST stock FX, if it can even work outside of ProTools, but it sells for $7.99 and requires iLok2, it says)

If you can run the third-party software called AUDACITY, a popular, freeware Audio program, you can accomplish that "powered-down turntable" effect very quickly and with a minimum of effort.

After loading your audio into Audacity, it involves ADDing something called a "Time Track", then setting a range (100% or more to maybe as low as 0%) and then manipulating key frames with something they call the Envelope tool, inside that Time Track. Very point and click.

Then Exporting a WAV or if you have Audacity set up for it, an MP3.

There's certainly as way, in AVID, to build a whole bunch of Pitch-adjusted master clips... but it's not as simple to accomplish and perhaps not as smooth at transitions.

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller