Latest post Mon, Jan 22 2018 12:18 PM by camoscato. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 19 2018 12:14 AM

• TonyX
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 12 2018
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Fatal Exception MC First

"Can't create a directory as one of the folders has insufficient permissions". The folder pointed to is D:\VIDEO_TS\. How can I clear this?

• Fri, Jan 19 2018 5:30 AM In reply to

Re: Fatal Exception MC First

Is there a DVD in the D: drive? If so, eject it and try starting MC First again.

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Jan 19 2018 12:48 PM In reply to

• TonyX
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

The DVD was removed. I havae tried reinstalling MC First, uninstalling and installing anew but the fatal exception persists. In the last 2 days the 2018.1 update removed old and installed the latest but on opening the Exception is present and blocks drop down menus and any button, strangely the Edit appears illuminated  but there is no dropdown. Is the file with insufficient permissions stored in the Cloud ? I haven't found consul or anyway to access what may be stored in the Cloud.

• Fri, Jan 19 2018 12:55 PM In reply to

TonyX:
    The DVD was removed.

Is D: the DVD drive? If not, what is D:?

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Sun, Jan 21 2018 1:36 PM In reply to

• TonyX
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Sorry, yes D: is my PCs DVD Recorder. For a 1st creation I inserted a DVD containing clips taken with a Sony camcorder and this seems to have produced the blocking Exception. I have tried uninstalling and them reinstalling but the Exception always presents, I think the missing permission file is in the Avis Cloud but I can find no way to access the file. I am ot sure what missing permission means, is it some protection against copyrighted films be copied?

• Sun, Jan 21 2018 2:09 PM In reply to

TonyX:
    I am ot sure what missing permission means, is it some protection against copyrighted films be copied?

No, my guess is First is looking for read/write permission on the drives in the system, and the error was thrown up because it couldn't write to the DVD drive.

I'm thinking it may be "stuck" thinking it doesn't have permission to write to the drive, and that's why you keep getting an error. Search your system for a file called "mcstate". Delete all the instances of it you find, and then restart the computer and try to start MC First again.

• Mon, Jan 22 2018 10:42 AM In reply to

• TonyX
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

I searched for the file mcstate as suggested and sub folders also appeared, I searched through all but found no media. Afresh this morning I just deleted the mcstate folder and Media Composer First is working again. You hit the nail, Thanks.

• Mon, Jan 22 2018 12:18 PM In reply to

Great! Glad to hear it's working!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller