Latest post Sat, Jan 27 2018 2:33 PM by RalphC. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 18 2017 4:33 PM

• WHAMMO!
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 13 2013
    • Posts 8
    • Points 115

Avid Application Manager Stuck Initializing, Constantly Flashing Console Window

MC:F is unusable for me because of the constant flashing console window, running and re-running "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" and Avid Application Manager stuck in perpetual "Initializing..." mode and not even allowing me to log in.

Any fix for this? Confused

P.S. I tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling to no effect. I have to disable the Application Manager in the startup tab of the task manager, otherwise my computer is completely useless.

• Mon, Dec 18 2017 7:10 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,888
    • Points 214,105
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid Application Manager Stuck Initializing, Constantly Flashing Console Window

WHAMMO  

I assume you are connected to the internet?    Have you tried to quit appman and apphelper and then try again when connected to the inetrnet?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Dec 22 2017 3:15 PM In reply to

• WHAMMO!
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 115

Re: Avid Application Manager Stuck Initializing, Constantly Flashing Console Window

Marianna:

WHAMMO  

I assume you are connected to the internet?    Have you tried to quit appman and apphelper and then try again when connected to the inetrnet?

Marianna

Yes I have. It does not help. Both apps startup after I restart appman which is stuck initializing and doesn't give me the opportunity to sign in.

• Fri, Dec 22 2017 4:38 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,690
    • Points 18,580
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Uncheck Data Collection in AM Preferences, report back.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 22 2017 4:53 PM In reply to

• WHAMMO!
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 115

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea 

Ralph C you are a genius! I bow down to your superior knowledge!

• Fri, Dec 29 2017 4:19 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 1,690
    • Points 18,580
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Good to know you're up and running Yes

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 5 2018 1:24 AM In reply to

• eeyopok
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 11 2011
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

I have the same problem, Avid Application Manager can not download everything,﹙The... C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe ... ... Always non stop keep running﹚Somebody can contact me? What I can do now?

• Fri, Jan 5 2018 3:32 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 1,690
    • Points 18,580
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hello eeyopok,

Please Uncheck Data Collection in AM Preferences.

Thanks,

RalphC

• Sun, Jan 21 2018 9:34 PM In reply to

Same thing happened to me. I am currently using my software without application manager installed. I had Pro tools First on my laptop along with pro tools 12 which I was trying to install when the problem occured. I just uninstalled all my Avid software, remove pro tools first installed Pro tools 12 only and also ilok Manager and everything is running fine. upon installation pro tools did not install application manager where it previously did before. It isn't even part of the installation I just installed.

• Sun, Jan 21 2018 11:38 PM In reply to

• WHAMMO!
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 115

Try this:

Start the App Man, click on Preferences and uncheck the following:
    AUTO INSTALL
    AUTO UPDATE
    DOWNLOAD PLIUG-INS

Tell me if it solves the problem.

Eric B.

• Sat, Jan 27 2018 2:33 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 1,690
    • Points 18,580
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

GangstaScooter:
    Same thing happened to me. I am currently using my software without application manager installed.

Using Media Composer First without AppMan, I don't think it's possible?

RalphC

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller