Latest post Fri, Mar 2 2018 11:11 PM by Apathybill. 27 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 21 2018 9:51 AM In reply to

Re: NewBlueFX Prime - can I use it with MCF?

Sorry - I am giving up with this as I cannot see any way of running it or even having it appear in the Effect Palette. Not a big deal for me as I have full versions of Media Composer to use but I was curious!

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.11.6 with Symphony 8.10., BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.12.5 with MC 8.10 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Tue, Jan 23 2018 4:29 PM In reply to

• aggiehavoc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 23 2018
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

Has anyone figured this out?  I have mine setup with serial number and everything, and it still doesn't show up in my Plug-ins, and the NewBlueFX app manager literally does nothing but link me to special offers.  I mean, I guess it could have gotten registered in Avid, but I do not notice any references to it.

• Tue, Jan 23 2018 4:58 PM In reply to

aggiehavoc:

I have mine setup with serial number and everything

Where did you find the serial number?

MC|First, Win 10, HP Envy dv6-7301el 4-Core 2.4Ghz Core i7 (Turbo Boost 3.3Ghz), 8GB ram, GeForce 635M 2GB, 5400rpm internal hard drive Western Digital... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 23 2018 9:31 PM In reply to

• aggiehavoc
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

Sign in to Avid website -> My Account -> My Products and Subscriptions -> Media Composer | First -> Product Details and Download Links *click Show* -> Under NewBlueFX Prime, I have a serial number. 

I might have had to go to the "NewBlue Prime" link in the description for it to generate the key.  I cannot remember.

• Wed, Jan 24 2018 10:12 AM In reply to

I'm not on the 'First' machine right now - I will test later but I do not expect any change :-(.

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.11.6 with Symphony 8.10., BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.12.5 with MC 8.10 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Wed, Jan 24 2018 10:18 AM In reply to

aggiehavoc:

Sign in to Avid website -> My Account -> My Products and Subscriptions -> Media Composer | First -> Product Details and Download Links *click Show* -> Under NewBlueFX Prime, I have a serial number. 

I might have had to go to the "NewBlue Prime" link in the description for it to generate the key.  I cannot remember.

I do not see any serial. At this point I think it is something that can only solve them so we can put the soul in peace since I tried to contact them on their FB page but even if they display the messages do not respond.

MC|First, Win 10, HP Envy dv6-7301el 4-Core 2.4Ghz Core i7 (Turbo Boost 3.3Ghz), 8GB ram, GeForce 635M 2GB, 5400rpm internal hard drive Western Digital... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 24 2018 12:00 PM In reply to

Different machine. Installed Prime. Invited to log in to NwBlue account. Created new account. I have no trials and no products. Back to the log in screen and I see the image I posted on Jan 16th.No way to activate. Search NwBlue website. No mention of Prime. Go th the NB FAQs and search for Prime. No results. What is it? Does it exist?? Do I care any more?

• Wed, Jan 24 2018 2:34 PM In reply to

• aggiehavoc
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

Go into your Avid account.  There is a link there like I stated in a previous post.  Go in and fill it out, and it should automatically setup a key for you.

• Wed, Jan 24 2018 5:16 PM In reply to

So guys, I think I've solved the mystery. I tried to create a new Avid account and re-download Avid Media Composer First and in the NewBlueFX Prime section where in my official account there was an empty space there is the activation code and a link to the NewBlueFX Prime website http://prime.newbluefx.com/

Of course in MCF the plugins are not displayed even once activated (as had already said another user in a previous post) so in my opinion who has an account created before the plugins NewBlueFX Prime were loaded does not display the description. That said it took so long to publish the link that leads to the site as I did or advertise a bit 'on social networks or on the site? How do you promote your product like this? And then why not check if they work before publishing them?

• Wed, Jan 24 2018 5:49 PM In reply to

I would like to add that on Adobe Premiere they are up and running perfectly. So it could also be an MCF problem that only recognizes the plugins purchased from the Avid Marketplace in the application.

• Thu, Jan 25 2018 1:13 PM In reply to

That's an interesting idea. My Avid account predates First by several years. Can I be bothered setting up another Avid account?

• Thu, Jan 25 2018 2:11 PM In reply to

You do not need to create a new Avid account if you use the link from the previous post http://prime.newbluefx.com/

• Fri, Mar 2 2018 11:11 PM In reply to

• Apathybill
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Posts 7
    • Points 65

Doesn't work for me. Installed, activated serial, during startup I see the avx names being activated, but no new effects in my palette 

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller