Latest post Tue, Sep 26 2017 4:28 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 26 2017 5:40 AM

• MojoJojo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 10 2007
    • Malmoe, Sweden
    • Posts 72
    • Points 785

Audio Mixer freezing up MC system at level adjusting

Hello peeps!

I'm having a major problem with the Audio Mixer. I'm working on a tv show at a medium sized post house so upgrading Avid won't be an option for a long time. 

When I try to change the level of any external audio track on the mixer the Avid freezes for 10-30 seconds. If I leave the Avid unattended during the freezes it does not recover until I return and close the sequence or try to save which will solve the freeze after about 10-30 seconds. After this time Avid renders, saves or does whatever I ordered it to do during the "lag". Playback does not work and moving the timeline marker is super choppy. Closing the sequence seems to end the "lag freeze" but can be slow. After this the Audio mixer works for a while but If I wait a couple of minutes and then try to adjust again it happens again. This really messes with my flow and steals time from the production that we do not have. I had the same problem with this system 5 months ago and it probably haven't been upgraded since. EDIT: It seems to be getting worse when now. . . Closing the sequence doesn't work anymore

SPECS:
    AVID MEDIA COMPOSER SOFT 8.6.4
    Audio: (probably from a zoom) 14 channels in an Avid "group", 48000 Hz, 24bit, 

OS X El Capitan
    iMac 27" late 2013
    3,5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDr3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048

The audio seems to be routed through the monitor with a thunderbolt attached UltraStudio Mini Monitor from Black Magic to the Big Knob.

Does anyone have any idea how I can solve this?

MC Soft w Mojo SDI, Xpress Pro, Meridien, DV [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 26 2017 4:28 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,283
    • Points 219,155
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Audio Mixer freezing up MC system at level adjusting

Martin

Let me see what support has to say......

stand by

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller