Latest post Fri, Mar 10 2017 5:03 PM by slickslack. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 10 2017 5:03 PM

Audio missing but not offline

Project Details

80 minutes, multiple camera (RED, FS7, Drone, etc) TV doc, 2 system sound (some SD some Zoom)

All media was brought in AMA and then transcoded before syncing. There is a "Linked/AMA" and an "AVID Media" bin of every camera and audio card

Project synced in MC and is now in fine cut/final cut stage.

Problem:

Some audio clips are playing silent. They show no waveform but AVID doesn't see them as "Offlne".

I have trashed and rebuilt databases many times. Tried relinking. The linked clips reference the source files properly but the AVID media clips are the ones used in the sequence that don't play.

Weirdly, "Reveal File" from the AVID media clip will take you to a MXF in the Avid MediaFiles/MXF/### folder.

Can't confirm this but it seems to be spreading. It was one small section at first but now is in a few sections. Nothing similar in those sections. Some is basic interview, some is Archival. Some is 2 system some downloaded Archival 1V2A material.

I am able to get a version out for composer but the online looms and I haven't been able to solve this.

Re-importing seems to work but if I can avoid having to do that, it would be better.

<EDIT_ON>

Now I am getting repeated CM_OFFSET_OUT_OF_RANGE errors as well as "An error has occured, do you want to revert edits" when ever I try to mark an in. Ack!

<EDIT_OFF

AVID MC 8.8.0/ MacBookPro 10.11.6

MBP 2.8 GHz i7, 16GB RAM Media Composer 12.1 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller