Latest post Sat, Sep 16 2017 12:25 PM by diegovillalba. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 20 2017 1:47 PM

• j4940
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Charlotte, NC
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,475

ISIS not showing up as a system in the Client Manager

We have a small windows workstation that has Marquis Parking installed on it. Something happened recently and now the Avid Client Manager cannot connect to the ISIS. We can ping the IP address of the ISIS and I can connect to teh Avid ISIS Manager, but I can't get it to show in the "system" section. I feel like this is something super simple we are missing. I've tried typing in the system name in the remote host without any luck. I'm not an IT person so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks, 

John

HP Z800 Dual Quad Xeon 2.27ghz Nvidia FX4800 Vista Business 64 MC 3.5.9 Mojo DX MediaNet Client 5.1.3 4 TB LanShare EX 3 MediaNet 4.1.6 [view my complete system specs]

Filed under:
  • Mon, Feb 20 2017 3:53 PM In reply to

Re: ISIS not showing up as a system in the Client Manager

Is this Windows 10? We've seen an issue where a Windows 10 Updates prevents the client manager from connecting to System. The easiest fix is to uninstall and reinstall the client manager.

If you're running ISIS 4.7.5 or later I strongly suggest using the NEXIS client that's on the download center.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Principal Product Designer for Broadcast Storage & Editor Products

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Mon, Feb 20 2017 4:07 PM In reply to

• j4940
    • Not Ranked
    • Charlotte, NC
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,475

It's windows xp. Sounds like a reinstall might be the next thing to try. I'll let you know. 

HP Z800 Dual Quad Xeon 2.27ghz Nvidia FX4800 Vista Business 64 MC 3.5.9 Mojo DX MediaNet Client 5.1.3 4 TB LanShare EX 3 MediaNet 4.1.6 [view my complete system specs]

• Mon, Feb 20 2017 4:18 PM In reply to

What version of ISIS are you running? The ISIS Windows 32Bit client is only supported for the AirSpeed MultiStream. I strongly suggest updating beyond XP, it has long since been deprecated.

• Mon, Feb 20 2017 4:46 PM In reply to

• j4940
    • Not Ranked
    • Charlotte, NC
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,475

If the system info from Manager window is correct we are running 3.2.0.355 and I tried a fresh install of the client software that could download via the manager from the installers folder v 3.5. No luck. I'm going to have to wait for the IT guy to return from his leave in a few weeks. This is not mission critical, but we spent a lot of money on project parking to move projects off the ISIS for archiving. 

I hear you on all the updates. Unfortunately those things are out of my control. We've been requesting upgrades for about 2 years now. Funding challanges :( 

Bob thanks for your help with my question and all your help in the forums. 

• Mon, Feb 20 2017 9:20 PM In reply to

• j4940
    • Not Ranked
    • Charlotte, NC
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,475

At this time reinstalling the software seems to have solved the issue. Love simple solutions. 

• Tue, Feb 21 2017 1:41 PM In reply to

ISIS 3.2 was released in May of 2011.

• Thu, Sep 7 2017 1:40 AM In reply to

BobRusso:
    If you're running ISIS 4.7.5 or later I strongly suggest using the NEXIS client that's on the download center.

Hi Bob I was taking a look to this thread because I had this problem, but reading your answer I saw that you recommend to use NEXIS Client instead of the ISIS client? That's a general rule? I am in 4.7.11 and nowadays NEXIS client 7.6 is on the DC.

Is there any other benefit on doing this?

Thanks in advance!

Regards.

* Avid Media Composer 8.6.5 * MacBook Pro 8,3

• Thu, Sep 7 2017 6:09 PM In reply to

The current client is NEXIS v7.7; this is available on the Avid Download Center. All the bug fixes and improvements are being added to the NEXIS client and strongly recommend using the NEXIS client with ISIS.

• Sat, Sep 16 2017 12:25 PM In reply to

Understood, NEXIS client is the unified storage client application, and the one Avid will be improving.

Many thanks!

* Avid Media Composer 8.6.5 * MacBook Pro 8,3

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller