Latest post Fri, Sep 2 2016 6:53 PM by BobRusso. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 15 2016 6:15 AM

• johan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 28 2012
    • dubai
    • Posts 84
    • Points 870

offline medua files

Dear All,

after deleting media files by date for example all files in 2014 using media tool and selecting master clips , precompute clips media files in avid newscutter , some files in 2015 & 2016 are offline media ! but before deleting was working great without problems , why after deleting some files are offline and how can i resolve it ??

Thank you.

HP z400,z420,z620,z640 , windows 7 pro 64 bit , avid isis 5000 , avid airspeed 5000/5500 , avid newscutter 10, avid inews server , avid command news server... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 15 2016 8:56 AM In reply to

Re: offline medua files

Sounds like the newer projects have used older media and deleteing that media has caused the issue.

My preference is never to delete the media first off. This is where MEdia Tool just isn't up to the job. On a PC use MDV Which allows you to move media to another location. Making it offline to MC. You can then test that all is well and manually copy back any files that were needed.

The only option you have now is to try relinking also try deleting media databases and let MC rebuild them. Failing that recapture or re-ingest whats missing.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Mon, Aug 15 2016 10:53 AM In reply to

• johan
    • Not Ranked
    • dubai
    • Posts 84
    • Points 870

Thank you pat horridge , its the same project have huge data maybe 15 TB of files , i tried twice to delete msmMMOB.mdb and msmFMID.pmr files  nothing happened. relinking also not working ! but some say that indexing may fix your problem , how can i let avid newscutter to do indexing ??

Thank you

HP z400,z420,z620,z640 , windows 7 pro 64 bit , avid isis 5000 , avid airspeed 5000/5500 , avid newscutter 10, avid inews server , avid command news server... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 15 2016 1:20 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,244
    • Points 27,715
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

Since you posted this in the ISIS Forum I'll assume the media is on a workspace. Each seat of Media Composer will create a folder with the computers name and a number on the end. Only the computer with that name will rebuild the database in that folder. When that folder hits 5000 files a new folder will be created with a .2, .3....

To force the databases to be rebuilt, rename the folder to the computer you're using with a number.

If the folder is Avid.1.1 and you're in Avid2, rename the folder to Avid2.99 - any number that doesn't already exist.

Be certain you don't have more than 5000 files in any folder.

You should also look at the Divide and Concur techniques. Here's another.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Mon, Aug 15 2016 3:09 PM In reply to

Thanks Bob handn't spotted it was an ISIS post.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Tue, Aug 16 2016 8:52 PM In reply to

• johan
    • Not Ranked
    • dubai
    • Posts 84
    • Points 870

Thank you bobrusso ,yes all the media stored in avid isis 5000 storage , i tried to rename the last folder inside avidmediafiles\MXF with the same computer name for all workstation nothing happened , just scanning. still some media created in 2015 & 2016 are offline.

now if i can't restore the files , at least is there any way to delete all these offline media files using the media tool ?

because open each bin over 600 bin and then select offline media and delete it no one can do that !!

• Tue, Aug 16 2016 9:38 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,244
    • Points 27,715
    • Avid Employee

In the Avid MediaFiles > MXF > ~computer_name.number folder is the msmFMID.pmr and msmMMOB.mdb at the top?

If so, create a new bin and drag and drop the msmMMOB.mdb into the folder.

This will populate all the clips in that folder into the bin. It should help with the relink of clips in other bins.

If the don't show up, the media isn't available.

• Wed, Aug 17 2016 6:54 AM In reply to

• johan
    • Not Ranked
    • dubai
    • Posts 84
    • Points 870

some are on the top other not , create a new bin drag and drop .mdb files works , its show me all the clips in that folder , i will try to do it on all folders  they are 47 folder so that i can locate which clips are offline or currepted , then if not available at least i need to delete all these offline media files to let editors search files in database without offline media.

there is a video tutorial showing that you can fix avid offline media files using MDV tool , i will give it a try if still media isn't available.

https://library.creativecow.net/articles/mcauliffe_kevin/Avid-Media-Composer_37/video-tutorial

• Wed, Aug 17 2016 5:45 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,244
    • Points 27,715
    • Avid Employee

When shorting by date, the MMOB and FMID files must be the most recent files in the workspace. If they aren't delete them and see if they rebuild. If they don't rebuild, there's an issue with the folder name and MC isn't indexing the workspace and the media won't be seen.

• Wed, Aug 17 2016 6:56 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,168
    • Points 217,510
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Yes

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Aug 19 2016 7:06 AM In reply to

• johan
    • Not Ranked
    • dubai
    • Posts 84
    • Points 870

They are the most recent files after deleting all database files , folders name's all ok except the last folder renamed to a different name To force the databases to be rebuilt but avid didn't create new folder after rename last one ! maybe must hit 5000 media files to create a new folder ! and all folders includes .mdb .pmr files.

• Fri, Aug 19 2016 12:29 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,244
    • Points 27,715
    • Avid Employee

Looking at that image, there are two computers NCANB00 and NCANB02. The computers with these names need to be on for the databases to be rebuilt.

In this example, when NCANB00.26 hits 5000 files, MC will create a .27.

Everything otherwise looks correct.

• Sat, Aug 20 2016 2:31 PM In reply to

• johan
    • Not Ranked
    • dubai
    • Posts 84
    • Points 870

Thats right two workstations. They are both turned on when rebuild database is processing  at the same time. Each folder have 5000 media files and two database files and folder called creating always empty. Create a new project and drag and drop all bins inside the project may fix the problem? Or the media now currepted and no way to restore it ? Im trying to find a way to just remove the offline media files from the storage by 1 click.  

• Fri, Sep 2 2016 6:53 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,244
    • Points 27,715
    • Avid Employee

If you drag the MMOB to a bin it will create the clips for the media in the bins. The clips in the other bins should relink once this has been done. You might have to select relink to get them to link.

If they don't link you can sort the bin using the offline heading to see what media is online and delete the offline clips.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller