Latest post Wed, Apr 27 2016 12:20 PM by Craigo5000. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 20 2016 9:32 AM

Timeline sync issue

Hi all,

I'm running 8 edit suites over a shared project (1080p/25) on a fiber attached Unity with additional Axus RAID5 array.

All hosts are Windows 7 based approved Z420 workstations running MC v7.0.4.4 - 95% of all media is from C300 so transcoded to XDCAM50 MXF in Avid. The rest is the usual GoPro/DSLR guff but still transcoded to XDCAM50 to remain uniform. All editor settings are fresh on this version from the start of edit. This is not a multicam project.

During this relatively flawless configuration, I've come across a unique error that's accurred twice in the last 18 months over two separate projects. The error manifests itself where one editor is cutting a sequence out of a bin and then another editor requires to use that bin. (standard right?) The new editor opens the sequence to find most, if not all of the audio across multiple audio tracks has slipped by a frame (denoted by the -1 in the audio). It's hard to define if the audio has actually slipped or whether it's just a false indication of the audio slipping?

I pulled the console log and found the following;

Exception:

@ Tue Apr 05 11:48:01 2016

* SpecificSRconverterBase<RAW_FORMAT>::Process()

Error [0X00000000D7220990] unable to:

continue since ! iIsPreflighted.

Exception caught in APlayer::Play - Exception: CORE_UNABLE_TO_DO, className:SpecificSRconverterBase<RAW_FORMAT>, methodName:Process, preventedAction:continue since ! iIsPreflighted, unableValue:0X00000000C06D2B10

Exception:

@ Tue Apr 05 11:48:07 2016

Error [0X00000000C06D2B10] unable to:

Exception:

@ Tue Apr 05 11:48:11 2016

[HWSDK Video In 0X00000000C6EEAEB0] AsyncExec::CheckIfReadyToExecuteByInput(sample 1782, exec tag 1) - returning false

Have input 0 (slot 0), but buffer has no data

[VDM3BobVideoOut 0X00000000D98C0F20] AsyncExec::CheckIfReadyToExecuteByInput(sample 1782, exec tag 1) - returning false

Still waiting on input 0 (slot 0), state Progress Made

[SW2VDM_BobTee 0X00000000D98BCB18] AsyncExec::CheckIfReadyToExecuteByInput(sample 1782, exec tag 1) - returning false

Have input 0 (slot 0), but buffer has no data

[FrameTransformationCvtr 0X00000000EC991B90] AsyncExec::CheckIfReadyToExecuteByInput(sample 1782, exec tag 1) - returning false

[MonCon 0X00000000BA9ED800] AsyncExec::CheckIfReadyToExecuteByInput(sample 1782, exec tag 1) - returning false

[SW_ViewerTee 0X00000000D98C2BE0] AsyncExec::CheckIfReadyToExecuteByInput(sample 1782, exec tag 1) - returning false

Exception caught in APlayer::Play - Exception: CORE_UNABLE_TO_DO, className:SpecificSRconverterBase<RAW_FORMAT>, methodName:Process, preventedAction:continue since ! iIsPreflighted, unableValue:0X00000000C06D2B10

Exception:

@ Tue Apr 05 11:48:16 2016

Exception:

@ Tue Apr 05 11:48:39 2016

Warning: 232 audio clips required Audio SampleRate Conversion.

Please convert these files to avoid underruns and improve audio quality.

Exception:

@ Tue Apr 05 11:49:35 2016

Play Length interval = 1 minutes forwards or backwards.

Warning: 40 audio clips required Audio SampleRate Conversion.

Warning: 44 audio clips required Audio SampleRate Conversion.

There was obvious SR issues which I got to the bottom of. One of the editors was importing music at 44.1kHz instead of 48kHz. I sample rate converted the entire sequence to 48kHz and the process fails to convert all audio. 

The sync fault also occurs if I copy a section of an unaffected safe version of the sequence into a version of the affected sequence (to overwrite the '-1" anamoly). The copy overwrites successfully, but all the audio is still logged with the -1 offset which is very strange considering you can tab into the source monitor and still see the source sequence has no audio sync issues logged.

I'm now thinking this is related to the XDCAM50 codec itself and it's goppy nature? Perhaps with the way Avid is interpritting the data and having to also decode mixed SR audio? That's a stab in the dark though!

Has anyone any input on the above or has anyone ever experienced this issue?

Thanks

• Tue, Apr 26 2016 1:46 PM In reply to

Re: Timeline sync issue

I've caught this instance from Friday just gone. See images:

NO FAULT:

FAULT:

This happened to an editor and the actual video and audio is slipped by one frame. If you zoom in far enough, the first frame is actually missing from every clip too.

I managed to rescue the sequence by going through every revision in the attic. There was one from 2 hours earlier without the fault which I opened from the desktop. I found that if I then made a new bin, put the mosr recent "out of sync" sequence in there, opened the rescued 2 hours out of date bin from the desktop adn THEN opened the "out of sync" sequence in the newly created bin, it would refresh the sequence and get rid of the sync issue. Everyone's happy as there is then no loss of work for the editor and all is well again.

Problem is, something is triggering this timeline error and the fix can be time-consuming.

Anyone? Is there a way to formally send this error to Avid for investigation?

Thanks

• Wed, Apr 27 2016 12:20 PM In reply to

Re: Timeline sync issue

Just had the same thing occur again.

One of the editors mentioned they just made a copy into a new bin of their final locked sequence and when they opened it, most of the audio on channels 1 and 2 were a frame out of sync. I opened there working bin and the same sequence is all in sync.

The fix was to close both bins and then open the new bin with the copy of the sequence. The sync error then magically disappears...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller