Latest post Sat, Mar 19 2016 7:08 PM by camoscato. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 17 2016 5:34 PM

Titling tool in MC: New Blue or Title Studio?

I was reading this review by Kevin P McAuliffe and he seems to really like BCC Title Studio now in Version 4. 
    http://www.provideocoalition.com/review-titler-pro-4-from-newbluefx/

I remember BCC 10 had a Titling program that seems to be a lot like Boris Red.
    https://vimeo.com/146045690

Which is a better Titling feature to get into, invest in and use? 

MC Version: 2018.2 System: PC windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Workstation ATX mid Tower case, MSI Z87-G45 MBoard, 650 watt,Crucial M500 250GB SSD, Intel i7-4770K... [view my complete system specs]

MC 8.4.5     Built Workstation-Windows® 7 Professional, 64bit,/ Intel® CoreTM i7-4770K processor/ NVIDIA Quadro K2000D 2GB/16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz /MSI Z87-G45 Mother Board/650 Watt Power/ Super Multi Blue Writer (LG BH12LS38)/ AVID C-400 for audio interface  Pro Tools MP

Filed under:
  • Fri, Mar 18 2016 8:01 PM In reply to

Re: Titling tool in MC: New Blue or Title Studio?

Which one you should use is the kind of thing only you can really answer. What sort of titles do you usually do? Are they crazy complex with 3d extrusion and whatnot, or are they more basic, or something in between?

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Mar 18 2016 9:45 PM In reply to

Here is an example of the titles I want to do
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tznoyP4A0fo

I want them to be bold, intense and striking. I fear if I invest in BCC title studio it may not get me to the examples in the video above. Titling has to be fast and effective for begining intros and exits.  If I spend $1,300 I get TotalFX 3 which is everything I could need however BCC has many effects I use in Avid. 

Is it just as easy to configer titling in BCC Studio as in New Blue?
    Will I be able to do the effects in the video above with BCC Studio? 

MC Version: 2018.2 System: PC windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Workstation ATX mid Tower case, MSI Z87-G45 MBoard, 650 watt,Crucial M500 250GB SSD, Intel i7-4770K... [view my complete system specs]

MC 8.4.5     Built Workstation-Windows® 7 Professional, 64bit,/ Intel® CoreTM i7-4770K processor/ NVIDIA Quadro K2000D 2GB/16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz /MSI Z87-G45 Mother Board/650 Watt Power/ Super Multi Blue Writer (LG BH12LS38)/ AVID C-400 for audio interface  Pro Tools MP

• Sat, Mar 19 2016 7:06 AM In reply to

I don't understand. If the demo video for Titler Pro 4 shows it making the kind of titles you want to make, why wouldn't you just go with that?

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Sat, Mar 19 2016 10:15 AM In reply to

• Keith R
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 8 2012
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,370

Agree, I went with TitlerPro 4 and managed to deliver the goods as required Banners, Logo's etc, I have found the interface confusing and not as "easy" as NewBlue like to claim, as with most other software there is a steep learning curve to use it in any debth, it plugged into MC 8.5 without any issues and we got the job done so guess that's the answer, it has a vast array of options especially If one is prepared to purchase the "add ons"..I found it necessary to take the time to run through the on line tutorials to discover the more complex features again I find the interface not intuitive, but again only my experience  I would be interested in any other opinion - overall it does the job ...the results are nice and modern and guess that is what counts..

• Sat, Mar 19 2016 3:17 PM In reply to

After watching the Titler Pro 4 demo video again I realized a lot of that I really can do with Boris Red FX. What Keith points to is exactly my problem if I commit to New Blue then I am going to buy every add on and update just to get every new trick to do different things. I guess that's marketing. 

If I go with BCC 10, I get the Studio Titler and the library so I can lazily set up some titles however most of that can be done with Boris Red FX. I agree as Keith says these programs have a high learning curve but once you do the techniques then working inside of Boris Red is quick and easy. Plus it's all there for one price. 

What ever happened to all those tutorials Douglas Bruce used to make on Boris Red? They taught you to learn the tools so you can apply them to different creative effects. Once you learn the tools the learning curve becomes so much easier and Douglas sure was a great help with that.  

• Sat, Mar 19 2016 7:08 PM In reply to

Ronald Czarnecki:
    What ever happened to all those tutorials Douglas Bruce used to make on Boris Red? They taught you to learn the tools so you can apply them to different creative effects. Once you learn the tools the learning curve becomes so much easier and Douglas sure was a great help with that.

Douglas switched his main NLE and doesn't come around here much anymore. He's got his own forum, though, and you can contact him there and find out what tutorials he's doing these days.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller