Latest post Thu, Feb 11 2016 3:25 AM by funckdren. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 10 2016 5:43 PM

List of unusual but must-have mac apps

There are some unusual apps that have dramatically saved me LOTS of time and we don't talk about them and share these tools because they seem insignificant.

Here's a list of the tools that I use (apart from the obvious: dropbox, avid, gmail, etc):
    http://www.digitalworkstudios.com/apps/the-most-useful-and-unlikely-mac-apps-for-the-video-editor-or-creatives-in-general/

If you have an app that has sped up your process or you consider a MUST (no matter how small), please share... I'm always on a quest to save time... THANKS!! 

iMac Retina 5k | OSX 10.10.5 Capitan | 16GB RAM | Avid Media Composer 7.04 SNAPCHAT: rickymendozaorg Instagram: instagram.com/rickymendozaorg Twitter... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Wed, Feb 10 2016 10:06 PM In reply to

Re: List of unusual but must-have mac apps

I had a friend make me an app that automounts network drives on boot without opening that drive in Finder.  For some reason I have never been able to make that work natively in OSX - the login items' "hide" checkbox never seems to work.  It's a little thing, but it drives me bonkers, so this app brings me much inner peace 🙏

Hardware: 5K iMac (late 2015 17,1), 4 GHz i7, 32 GB, M395X w/ 4 GB, Promise Pegasus2 R4 in RAID 5 | Additional monitoring: 2.5K thunderbolt display, Dreamcolor... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 11 2016 3:25 AM In reply to

• funckdren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston, MA
    • Posts 444
    • Points 5,955

Re: List of unusual but must-have mac apps

Karabiner: the most powerful and flexible keyboard remapping tool I've ever used. It has allowed me to restore much of the control-key functionality that was trashed with the release of Media Composer 5.

https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/

Mac Pro Westmere 12-Core 3.46GHz, Media Composer 8.6.4, Mac OS 10.11.5, 64GB RAM, Mojo DX [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller