Latest post Sat, Oct 17 2015 6:14 AM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 15 2015 12:53 PM

• Lembit Soobik
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 2 2007
    • Freising - Germany
    • Posts 277
    • Points 3,615

License for MC messed up

I am communicating since Oct-01 with Avid customer care and all tey were able to do is mess it up more.

I have purchased the extension for MC and it showed up on the web site all right as valid until oct-25-2016, also my credit card was charged accordingly.

the only problem was, that Application manager did not show the new extension date although I had synced it.

I called Avid and they did not know anything (there was no knowledgeable person in house) and then next day or so I received confirmaton  mail.

Today I received a mail, stating that my Systen-ID is fixed.

I synced the app mgr, bot it still shows expiration date of Oct-25-2015, and it does not allow me to update the MC to 8.4.2 but tells me to buy a support contract.

When I checked the web site, i found that here the expiration date is also set to Oct-25-2015.

Now, where is the extension which I have purchased and payed for????

This keeps me busy and keeps me from doing productive work.

Very upset\Lembit

MC 2018.5 on Windows 10// HP Z800 WS: 2 x Xeon X5570, 48 GB RAM, Quadro FX4800 1.5GB, disks: 1 x 500 GB SATA 7200 = System/ 1 x 1 TB Samsung... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 17 2015 6:14 AM In reply to

Re: License for MC messed up

Send an email to Gerald Gonzalez (gerald.gonzalez@avid.com).  He's their customer advocate, and can help.

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller