Latest post Thu, Jul 30 2015 9:38 PM by videobikerNY. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 30 2015 3:56 PM

Switching Cams in Group...audio not following video

I have laid down several clips to my timeline from a group clip. I had audio follow video selected in the group icon so Cam 1 audio is on the timeline with Cam 1 video etc. When I switch camera's on the timeline howvere the audio is not changing with the camera...i.e. I switch cam 1 to Cam 2 but the audio to Cam 1 does not switch. I know this is not supposed to be this way...Thoughts or suggestions?

TIA

AT

• Thu, Jul 30 2015 8:06 PM In reply to

Re: Switching Cams in Group...audio not following video

videobikerNY:

I have laid down several clips to my timeline from a group clip. I had audio follow video selected in the group icon so Cam 1 audio is on the timeline with Cam 1 video etc. When I switch camera's on the timeline howvere the audio is not changing with the camera...i.e. I switch cam 1 to Cam 2 but the audio to Cam 1 does not switch. I know this is not supposed to be this way...Thoughts or suggestions?

TIA

AT

My recollection is that you always needed to Activate "Audio-Follow-Video" on the Composer-side's Group Clip icon dropdown in order to do what you described. What version are you referring to? Did you Activate "Audio Follow Video" on Source-side, Composer-side, or both?

I know that I would absolutely HATE having my timeline audio change everytime I flip groupclip cameras on the timeline.

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 30 2015 9:38 PM In reply to

Re: Switching Cams in Group...audio not following video

I am in V7.0.4 of MC. I didn't realize there was one on the record side. I will take a look.

The reason we need the audio to change is this is for comp reel purposing. I need the audio to change so the PA's don't have to go and match back and replace the audio if the producer wants the audio for that CAM.

AT

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller