Latest post Mon, Jul 13 2015 1:56 AM by John Pale. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 10 2015 8:48 PM

Sending a cut out for CC and then re linkijng to CC'd footage

Scenario...

I cut a :30 second trailer in MC 8. I send it out of house to a higher end Avid (maybe a symphony) in LA. Now the CC'd footage has been returned to me and I want to re-link to the CC'd footage

A) What is the best way to send this out? Via ALE? AMA?

B) How do I re-link to the CC'd footage once it's been returned? ALE again? AMA?

I am loking for a solution...I will listen to all possibilities. I am sure someone here has the perfect round trip solution.

TIA

AT

• Sat, Jul 11 2015 8:32 PM In reply to

• John Pale
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 19 2011
    • NYC
    • Posts 155
    • Points 2,075

Re: Sending a cut out for CC and then re linkijng to CC'd footage

Need to know what is being used for grading.  Entirely different workflow for Symphony than Resolve, or other third party software.

Mac Pro 5,1 (2009-firmware upgrade to 2010). Self upgraded to 12 core (2 x Hex Core Westmere 2.93Ghz) 32 GB Ram Mac OSX 10.11.3 Avid MC 8.5 NVIDIA... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 13 2015 1:33 AM In reply to

Can you give me the workflow for both as I am not sure yet which way we are going to go. 

• Mon, Jul 13 2015 1:56 AM In reply to

• John Pale
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 19 2011
    • NYC
    • Posts 155
    • Points 2,075

There are many tutorials for round tripping to Resolve on YouTube.  If reading is more your style, here's one that's interesting from Scott Freeman...the king of all metadata...on round tripping avid to Resolve and back. 

https://library.creativecow.net/freeman_scott/AVID-Framerate-Metadata/1

As far as Symphony goes.... Symphony is Media Composer with extra features enabled.  All you need to do is consolidate your sequence media  to a drive and provide a copy of the bin containing the consolidated sequence.  

Not going to provide step by step instructions in a posting.  it's just way too much info to put into a forum response.   there are a ton of tutorials out there already.  All you need is Google.

Mac Pro 5,1 (2009-firmware upgrade to 2010). Self upgraded to 12 core (2 x Hex Core Westmere 2.93Ghz) 32 GB Ram Mac OSX 10.11.3 Avid MC 8.5 NVIDIA... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller