Latest post Tue, Feb 13 2018 8:33 AM by Andi. 67 replies.
Page 5 of 5 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 20 2016 12:39 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,344
    • Points 159,265

Re: Sorenson Squeeze codec problems between MainConcept & x264

smyers63:

mjolnarn:

Too many variables and different problems here , might not be related , last post was about greater than HD , I would suggest to start from the beginning with separate threads.

The thread subject says nothing about frame size and Mohammed's problem fits the subject of the thread.  There's no reason to start a new thread.  Keeping it here will allow people to learn about more solutions in one place.

Ok well , for those that not have the time go through the entire thread a minor summarize.

The thread started with APR to x 264 problems on the PC side , no problems on the Mac side , this with 1080p projects, it then turned also to customized x 264 Squeeze presets problems, same 1080p raster , and have now later on turned to problems with exporting UHD media to x 264.

My own results already written here, I have now also tested with UHD media.

To summarize , I have no problems myself with using the standard Youtube 6000 x264 1080 preset on HD or UHD media , I have also customized that same preset to be " same as source " and increased the file speed to 20000 and encoded to X 264 UHD media , this with both the origin GoPro media as source as well as a qt ref out from Avid from DNxHR HQX media .

This with Win 10 and Quicktime 7.7.9 and SS 11 Pro

If anyone with about the same setup as mine please could retest the same workflows it would be nice .

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Wed, Dec 21 2016 3:38 PM In reply to

• Seth L T
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 25 2014
    • Yorktown, VA
    • Posts 29
    • Points 395

mjolnarn:

Are you guys ( with problems ) encoding to mov or mp4 containers.

If mov , please retest with mp4

I am attempting to make .mp4 from a Quicktime Reference file. The encoding starts and somewhere a few seconds into it, it starts erroring. You get multiple runtime errors and it spams files you have to go delete in your destination folder.

HP Z820 Workstation OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 0 @ 2.50GHz (24 CPUs), ~1.5GHz Memory: 16384MB RAM... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 21 2016 3:43 PM In reply to

• Seth L T
    • Not Ranked
    • Yorktown, VA
    • Posts 29
    • Points 395

mjolnarn:

Too many variables and different problems here , might not be related , last post was about greater than HD , I would suggest to start from the beginning with separate threads.

My problem is only with 1080p. Anything else works....however I am not certain with anything greater than 1080p because that is all we shoot. 720p works with x264 and most of the time 1080p works with Main Concept H.264 but even then I have had it happen once.

The thing I've noticed that is different from our old version 9 to 11 pro is that in the task manager 11 pro has many task running. Something with "external server" in the name and I almost wonder if it is crashing the workstation out because the CPU jumps to 99% (regardless of the speed/usage settings). I wonder if something in the programing is making 1080p so much more of a workload. I am not in the office today but I have a ton of screenshots I had sent to Sorenson (which didn't matter).

HP Z820 Workstation OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 0 @ 2.50GHz (24 CPUs), ~1.5GHz Memory: 16384MB RAM... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 21 2016 3:48 PM In reply to

• Seth L T
    • Not Ranked
    • Yorktown, VA
    • Posts 29
    • Points 395

mjolnarn:

smyers63:

mjolnarn:

The thread subject says nothing about frame size and Mohammed's problem fits the subject of the thread.  There's no reason to start a new thread.  Keeping it here will allow people to learn about more solutions in one place.

Ok well , for those that not have the time go through the entire thread a minor summarize.

The thread started with APR to x 264 problems on the PC side , no problems on the Mac side , this with 1080p projects, it then turned also to customized x 264 Squeeze presets problems, same 1080p raster , and have now later on turned to problems with exporting UHD media to x 264.

My own results already written here, I have now also tested with UHD media.

To summarize , I have no problems myself with using the standard Youtube 6000 x264 1080 preset on HD or UHD media , I have also customized that same preset to be " same as source " and increased the file speed to 20000 and encoded to X 264 UHD media , this with both the origin GoPro media as source as well as a qt ref out from Avid from DNxHR HQX media .

This with Win 10 and Quicktime 7.7.9 and SS 11 Pro

If anyone with about the same setup as mine please could retest the same workflows it would be nice .

I can see how my first post was misinterperted. What I meant was 1080p and above assuming that the issue persisted. I have never done UHD content. So please forget that. I was mainly speaking of 1080p.

I have tried the YouTube presets and get the error. I have tried many different custom x264 settings and get the error. When I am back in the office I will try your settings. I am wondering if there is an issue between hardware and the software because both me and the OP have similar workstations.

• Wed, Dec 21 2016 4:18 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,344
    • Points 159,265

Seth L T:

My problem is only with 1080p. Anything else works....

Ok, thanks , if this is with a QT ref you need to have a correct Avid workflow , some recommend doing mixdowns and replace , my own workflow is to alt drag the sequense to a new bin , transcode to the same dnx codec that it have been transcoded to before , only clips that needs to be transcoded will be that , do a render if that is needed, to the same codec as that transcode of course , and now a QT ref should work brilliant, at least it have done that for me the last 5 or 10 years.

You could also of course try with some untouched camera media 1080 p to verify that SS 11 not works .

Awaiting results

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Fri, Dec 23 2016 3:30 PM In reply to

• Seth L T
    • Not Ranked
    • Yorktown, VA
    • Posts 29
    • Points 395

mjolnarn:

Seth L T:

My problem is only with 1080p. Anything else works....

Ok, thanks , if this is with a QT ref you need to have a correct Avid workflow , some recommend doing mixdowns and replace , my own workflow is to alt drag the sequense to a new bin , transcode to the same dnx codec that it have been transcoded to before , only clips that needs to be transcoded will be that , do a render if that is needed, to the same codec as that transcode of course , and now a QT ref should work brilliant, at least it have done that for me the last 5 or 10 years.

You could also of course try with some untouched camera media 1080 p to verify that SS 11 not works .

Awaiting results

Yeah so I just kind of figured that's how everyone in here does it. I always make a new sequence with a video and audio mixdown before I create my qt ref.

I'm still leaning to a hardware issue with the Z800ish stations...Maybe the Sorenson software since 10 can't handle dual processors and errors out? This is beyond my knowledge though but seems to be the only similar thing me and the OP have. Your PC looks custom built?

• Fri, Dec 23 2016 3:39 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,344
    • Points 159,265

Seth L T:

I'm still leaning to a hardware issue with the Z800ish stations...Maybe the Sorenson software since 10 can't handle dual processors and errors out? This is beyond my knowledge though but seems to be the only similar thing me and the OP have. Your PC looks custom built?

Jepp , one Cpu , 12 cores X +4 Ghz is around 50 Ghz and Squeeze uses it all at 100 % during encodes .

Did you try with just Source media , maybe direct from a card , I want to shorten the test workflow if possible

Tomas 

• Tue, Feb 13 2018 8:33 AM In reply to

• Andi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 20 2013
    • Germany
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

If the audio get sync problems you have to make sure that the COMPRESSION SYSTEM LOAD is set all the way to Light.

Go to Squeeze - Edit - Preferences - Advanced - Compression System Load -- slider to Light

Sadly then you don´t have multi transcodes, but audio and video is syned. (you could open more squeeze windows to get more transcodes at a time)

HP z820, m4000, MC 8.10 [view my complete system specs]
Page 5 of 5 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller