Latest post Thu, Mar 5 2015 6:05 PM by videobikerNY. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 5 2015 5:08 PM

Avid user settings in large group enviroment

At the moment there are about 25 Avid users. We are on an Interplay system. Everytime I go to a different edit room I have to retieve my settings from a holding drive on our network and put them into the local system. We are going to be expanding soon and there are only a few of us who REALLY have enough knowledge to do this safely (even me with 20 years experience have screwed this up). We can't expect our younger inexperienced users to be loading there settings manually everyutime they go to a new edit room. Also when changes are made to keyboards and views they would need to update their saved settings.

At FOX we usually had 5-7 editors working on a doc and if we moved from room to room our settings always loaded and updated seamlessly.

Our engineering team right now is hammered with hardware upgrades. I am trying to help by finding a solution to this problem.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

AT

• Thu, Mar 5 2015 5:47 PM In reply to

Re: Avid user settings in large group enviroment

Have you experimented with shared user profiles?

On a machine with a userprofile set as you need. under settings choose export.

Then select the shared user profile type not the local user profile.

Either shared personal or shared group depending what you need.

On the other machines you then import the profile from that network location and you have centralised user profiles.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Thu, Mar 5 2015 6:05 PM In reply to

Re: Avid user settings in large group enviroment

No we haven't. I will pass this info on to our engineers and volunteer to be the guines pig for this. 

Thanks for the help! Let you know how this works out.

AT

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller